tripath guide - been done?

Crackhead1

considering doing a guide to cheap tripath amp and cheap bookshelf speakers setup.

sorta give ppl on a budget a better option than overpriced "pc speakers" that dont sound the best.

did a search on it through both google and the site but didnt spot anything. any of the forum monsters remember it being done (if so, should be sticky imo) or is it a green light?

cheers for ur time.

If ur hell bent on X, dont ask for X vs Y suggestions

so long as you don't use the following descriptors:

1. musicality
  2. micro dynamics
  3. micro burst
  4. micro control
  5. micro anything
  6. ambiance
  7. coherence
  8. grain

And there are a lot more but you get the drift.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'll be honest with you, I dont know what any of them mean.

was moreso gonna be a hardware guide - what to buy, prices, where to buy and how to put together. no rocket science from me, as I'm no audiophile, learnt what I know from headfi.

cheers for the input

so long as you don't use the following descriptors:

1. musicality
  2. micro dynamics
  3. micro burst
  4. micro control
  5. micro anything
  6. ambiance
  7. coherence
  8. grain

And there are a lot more but you get the drift.

If ur hell bent on X, dont ask for X vs Y suggestions

Headfi has some uses, but mostly it's good for a laugh:

My monoprice 8323's are a bit too sensitive though and I could hear the noise floor, so I added a -10 dB attenuator and the noise is gone! It also significantly reduced the micro-phonic ringing

It's a magic attenuator (passive device) that can discern unwanted "micro-phonic ringing" from the original signal :blink: .  This shit's better than the comedy channel. :lol:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Do your review and post it up.  It Should be good to see a list of amps at various prices.  :)

was moreso gonna be a hardware guide - what to buy, prices, where to buy and how to put together. no rocket science from me, as I'm no audiophile, learnt what I know from headfi.

cheers for the input

It'd be extra useful to people in marked-up markets like your home of Oz.

No, no, no! Bad start already! You gotta make it sound like you know about the audio industry by using those words with confidence! Ya know, what the other audio guru's do for marketing purposes!

I mean, I guess you could also tell the truth... but that doesn't move units! The coffee is for closers only!

coffee-is-for-closers.jpg