Upgrading an old potato prebuilt

Hi, I have an old prebuilt potato pc and i wanna upgrade it as much as possible and do some gaming. Here's the mighty potato: https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c02020733
What do you guys recommend me upgrade to and squeeze every little performance out of it. What can I expect? (i'm only looking to upgrade cpu +cooler, ram and gpu.

2 minutes ago, sumfag said:

Hi, I have an old prebuilt potato pc and i wanna upgrade it as much as possible and do some gaming. Here's the mighty potato: https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c02020733
What do you guys recommend me upgrade to and squeeze every little performance out of it. What can I expect? (i'm only looking to upgrade cpu +cooler, ram and gpu.

Boy that aint a potato thats a spud

kappa.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Max RAM you can have (according to the website) is 4GB, so already you are not going to get much.

On the power supply you could run a gtx 1050 maybe. But even then your ram and cpu would hold you back.

Recommendation: Buy a new (or build) computer.

1 minute ago, sumfag said:

I only have a budget of around 250£ tho.

Tbh a Q6600 is the only upgrade that would probably be possible.

I mean you can easily get a 6950 or something like that in your budget but then the PSU would likely blow up, which isn't ideal...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I'm thinking q9650 with bsel mod oc, 4gb ddr3 ram and 1050 ti?

I'm not looking to play the newest titles by the way. I'll play cs go, l4d2, stalker call of pripyat maybe something a little more demanding than that but not much. I do want 1080p and somewhat stable 60fps tho.

I hate how 2009 was a long time ago.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.