Windows search in network mapped drives

JuztBe

Hello,

Is there's a way to improve search times to mapped network drives? Currently it takes 35 seconds for each search. 

Drives are mapped from FreeBSD samba server and file system is most likely ZFS.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

what speed is your network? what is the server and client specs?

EDIT: And OS

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

3 minutes ago, MrMarriarty said:

what speed is your network? what is the server and client specs?

Gigabit, server is probably some old celeron or pentium with 1-2GB RAM and couple HDDs for storage.

Client side varies from new PCs with kaby i3's to old ones with core 2 duo e6300. It takes 45seconds for core 2 duo system, ~30seconds for kaby one. 

yeah id say your servers having a big part to play if its only speced "old celeron or pentium with 1-2GB RAM" :o zfs isnt amazing either but a server with less processing power than most modern phones yeah!

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

1 hour ago, MrMarriarty said:

yeah id say your servers having a big part to play if its only speced "old celeron or pentium with 1-2GB RAM" :o zfs isnt amazing either but a server with less processing power than most modern phones yeah!

Tried different explorers (explorer++). And it's around ~13sec for both old and new machines. Looks like windows explorer is just piece of garbage.