Getting replacement crowns for bearings

werto165

I was just wondering if you knew any sites for getting nylon bearing crowns or metal cages would probably suffice this is for 608 bearings(skateboard ones). I think I may have broken them by general wear and tear and also my board was left in my car so there were some pretty drastic temperature changes that probably made the nylon crack over time or at least it certainly didn't help at all.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

23 minutes ago, werto165 said:

I was just wondering if you knew any sites for getting nylon bearing crowns or metal cages would probably suffice this is for 608 bearings(skateboard ones). I think I may have broken them by general wear and tear and also my board was left in my car so there were some pretty drastic temperature changes that probably made the nylon crack over time or at least it certainly didn't help at all.

Since it's a common bearing they don't cost a lot might as well just replace the whole as since it would be cheaper.

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/0474511

5 hours ago, W-L said:

Since it's a common bearing they don't cost a lot might as well just replace the whole as since it would be cheaper.

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/0474511

that's the annoying thing, they work perfectly fine... take the crown out and they're just unbalanced as hell. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

1 hour ago, werto165 said:

that's the annoying thing, they work perfectly fine... take the crown out and they're just unbalanced as hell. 

Yes that will happens since the cage is what keeps the balls evenly spaced and distributed.