Trying to Ball Out On a Keyboard, Where Are My Custom Lovers?

TGJamieErin

Alrighty, currently I'm using a 2012 (I believe) BlackWidow Ultimate, I've had it for like 3-4 years at this point, and I'm tired of the size and aesthetic of it. It's way too big for my current desk and my plans for it, so I'm looking at 60 percent form factor, I won't miss the num pad or arrows.

My problem here is finding everything I want in a keyboard. I'm prepared to build my own if I can get some help sourcing in stock parts that are compatible, not scared of solder, just scared of waiting for shipping too long, I'm incredibly impatient and I hate waiting on group buys and pre-orders. Budget is up to $150~ without keycaps

60 percent layout, RGB out of the box or a compatible PCB if building my own

Pink/Purple Case, incline is workable with none or a lot, my hands can adapt to either, at least a bit would be best though. (material not majorly important, aluminum or translucent plastic/acrylic preferred though for sure),

Cherry/similar Red switches won't be hard to find, hopefully on one of the same sites I'm already ordering from, and I can source my own keycaps easily enough.

Stable wireless compatibility if possible with RGB, if not, that's fine, I can live with wired, I'd prefer pretty over wireless. 

Building my own seems like it's going to be the only way to get what I want out of this and I love taking on new projects.. I'm so sick of looking at this black keyboard with blue leds and the numpad/macro/F1-12 keys that gather dust, I want a keyboard that I smile at when I sit down, help me get there? I just don't want to order a bunch of stuff to find out it's overpriced or incompatible with something else I've gotten. Also suggestions of a good cheap soldering iron would be nice too, I haven't owned one in years and years. <3 

Your Local Crypto Trading, Competitive Gaming Slut <3

NZXT S340 Elite | 7700k | Corsair H110i | Asus Dual 1070 | 16GB G.Skill Aegis RAM | Rosewill Photon 650w Modular PSU

Like I said wireless isn't a requirement at all, just a nice touch if I could pull it off. Modding a POK3R is my last resort move, I feel it's waste unless I dye the caps myself, which looks like a pain in the ass, and I'm not entirely confident painting a case but I'm sure my girlfriend could pull it off perfectly fine. 

NZXT S340 Elite | 7700k | Corsair H110i | Asus Dual 1070 | 16GB G.Skill Aegis RAM | Rosewill Photon 650w Modular PSU

2 minutes ago, TGJamieErin said:

Like I said wireless isn't a requirement at all, just a nice touch if I could pull it off. Modding a POK3R is my last resort move, I feel it's waste unless I dye the caps myself, which looks like a pain in the ass, and I'm not entirely confident painting a case but I'm sure my girlfriend could pull it off perfectly fine. 

Well it should be easy enough to dissemble? as they do sell cases for them:

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=44

(very expensive tho)

Maybe someone else can weigh in with another option :)

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Well it should be easy enough to dissemble? as they do sell cases for them:

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=44

(very expensive tho)

Maybe someone else can weigh in with another option :)

Not worried about disassembly being hard, looks very simple, and yeah those cases are super pricey, I'd rather just build my own in one at that point. 

So custom mechs get touted as the epitome of customization when it comes to input devices, and I get two options, lolol 

2 minutes ago, TGJamieErin said:

So custom mechs get touted as the epitome of customization when it comes to input devices, and I get two options, lolol 

To be fair I've never heard this statement before. I'd say you're much better off customizing a desk or your computer case over a keyboard.

11 minutes ago, NinJake said:

To be fair I've never heard this statement before. I'd say you're much better off customizing a desk or your computer case over a keyboard.

Then I guess my ears have heard differently over the years. That's unfortunate. 

https://1upkeyboards.com/diyljd61up3pkit-pink.html

What about a build using this? What 60 percent board should I grab for RGB? that would fit this case? The GH60 Satan doesn't support RGB does it? I've heard of some on ebay being sold presoldered with SMDs though? 

Okidoki. Settling on a White RGB POK3R with Reds, and a Purple Alumn case with feet included, just need to source some really cute backlit keys that remind me of Hello Kitty