Thinking about buying a Air compressor

zindan

Should I get a compucleaner or a ordinary air compressor to clean the pc with ?

Just now, Gungpae said:

just good ol' canned compressed air will do ya

On a long term period cans are more expensive than a electric device.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

3 minutes ago, zindan said:

On a long term period cans are more expensive than a electric device.

Air compressors do a good job and you can use it for a variety of other stuff. If your using it to blow off dust it would be suggest to get a desiccant filter and turn the pressure down as said to not damage anything when using it. 

i used to have a small 80psi air compressor it worked great!(ex wife stole it).  if you get one, just make sure you get a condensation filter for it.

now i use a datavac https://www.amazon.com/Metro-ED500-DataVac-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW

its not as useful for noncomputer stuff and its loud as fuck and gets really hot. but its a lot more portable and easy to use. i just cant fill my tires with it.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

+1 for datavac. The canned air is a huge waste in my opinion and the reusable Datavac is well worth it. Thing is like a hurricane in your hands.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

Another vote for the DataVac here.

An Air Compressor is great... if you do other stuff that would require it, like using pneumatic tools.

If it's just to clean up dust for your PC and devices, the DataVac is perfect and it doesn't have the risk of damaging your devices like an Air Compressor does if you don't take care of it(like water droplets mixing in the air if you don't empty it properly)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

The only reason you should consider buying a true air compressor is if you intend on using it to power Pneumatic tools and cleaning your PC would just be a bonus. 

If that is the case then get a condensation filter because water pools in the tanks quite regularly, but if it isn't the case i'd give that Datavac thing a serious thought.  I've never used it, but having worked around air compressors for years i know they really cannot be trusted on sensitive electronics. 

16 hours ago, W-L said:

Air compressors do a good job and you can use it for a variety of other stuff. If your using it to blow off dust it would be suggest to get a desiccant filter and turn the pressure down as said to not damage anything when using it. 

As W-L said. It works fine for blowing off computers as long as you have water filter.

However if you dont plan to use the air compresspr for anything else, either get a very small one or just an electric blower

If theres a leafblower in your garage already, then id say just use that.. make sure not to 9/11 your tower and secure it to the ground