Which COD Game

d3sl91

Hey All,

Currently COD Ghosts and COD Advanced Warfighter are on sale via Deals with Gold on Xbox. I'm thinking of picking one up. (both are around $20 for digital edition). Infinity can also be had for $20 for a physical copy.

I'd really like a good couch-co-op game / single player shooter. But not sure which one is "best" for co-op (or in general) because I have 1. Always been a PC gamer until now, and 2. Haven't played COD since Black Ops 1.

Or, maybe COD is the wrong choice for this? What other Co-Op FPS games are there that would be better (Other than Borderlands, Halo games, Or GOW series - all of which I already have). 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I would personally purchase, even though rather outdated, Battlefield 4. The game is instantly insane from the moment you join an online match all the way to the end there is none stop fun, especially if you play with friends. There are awesome vehicles like M1 Abrahams and AJ Littlebirds but its super fun and even my Dad who is 57 enjoys it a lot xD

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

as far as cod is concerned black ops (first of the name) is the best coop experience to me. that version of zombies was the most fleshed out without stupid roundabout gimmiks

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

just get Battlefield 1, CoD is so shitty seriously

43 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

I would personally purchase, even though rather outdated, Battlefield 4. The game is instantly insane from the moment you join an online match all the way to the end there is none stop fun, especially if you play with friends. There are awesome vehicles like M1 Abrahams and AJ Littlebirds but its super fun and even my Dad who is 57 enjoys it a lot xD

Agreed, which is why I purchased BF4 and Premium for both PC and Xbox (PC I think I preordered and have since put a few hundred hours into, and just purchased for xbox since it was $15). Unfortunately it has neither a good SP or any local Co-Op which Is why I posted this :( 

22 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

just get Battlefield 1, CoD is so shitty seriously

Yeah, I haven't played COD since the first Black Ops as I do prefer Battlefield for multiplayer. However I am looking for Singleplayer and local Co-Op, so BF1 (which I already have) doesn't help me there :( 

46 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

as far as cod is concerned black ops (first of the name) is the best coop experience to me. that version of zombies was the most fleshed out without stupid roundabout gimmiks

I remember playing the first Black ops, I think that's the last one I've played. The Zombie co-op modes were great.

35 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Between Ghosts and Advanced Warfare, get Advanced Warfare. It had a more memorable single player campaign and I think it had a pretty good multiplayer following, if anyone's still playing it.

Thanks for the recommendation. 

3 minutes ago, d3sl91 said:

Agreed, which is why I purchased BF4 and Premium for both PC and Xbox (PC I think I preordered and have since put a few hundred hours into, and just purchased for xbox since it was $15). Unfortunately it has neither a good SP or any local Co-Op which Is why I posted this :( 

Yeah, I haven't played COD since the first Black Ops as I do prefer Battlefield for multiplayer. However I am looking for Singleplayer and local Co-Op, so BF1 (which I already have) doesn't help me there :( 

used to play a lot of COD MW in class with classmate in the breaks over the schools network (we also got beef from doing that by the director xD) and i also used to play COD WOW zombies over LAN with my brother and other friends

3 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

used to play a lot of COD MW in class with classmate in the breaks over the schools network (we also got beef from doing that by the director xD) and i also used to play COD WOW zombies over LAN with my brother and other friends

Hah, yep, and then it was all downhill from there....

Maybe its because I suck at FPS on consoles, but I don't mind them as much when playing on xbox because its actually a challenge - but on PC, I just get bored of them super quick.

15 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Between Ghosts and Advanced Warfare, get Advanced Warfare. It had a more memorable single player campaign and I think it had a pretty good multiplayer following, if anyone's still playing it.

What do you mean? Ghosts is definitely more memorable, it's impossible to forget how bad it was.

I personally really enjoyed Ghosts. I liked the campaign and the co-op extinction I really liked as well. I would say it would be worth it for the $20. I found the campaign more memorable than AW. In AW the main story sticks with me, but the missions just seemed more or less more repetitive and the multiplayer was fun until it turned into a sniper jump fest, and the co-op was alright, but nothing worth playing tons of hours in. 

57 minutes ago, Gamerguy207 said:

Haha ghost you can't be serious 

I am. I enjoyed the game and would like to play it again, but my copy of it stopped working. 

On 8/5/2017 at 10:15 AM, d3sl91 said:

Hey All,

Currently COD Ghosts and COD Advanced Warfighter are on sale via Deals with Gold on Xbox. I'm thinking of picking one up. (both are around $20 for digital edition). Infinity can also be had for $20 for a physical copy.

I'd really like a good couch-co-op game / single player shooter. But not sure which one is "best" for co-op (or in general) because I have 1. Always been a PC gamer until now, and 2. Haven't played COD since Black Ops 1.

Or, maybe COD is the wrong choice for this? What other Co-Op FPS games are there that would be better (Other than Borderlands, Halo games, Or GOW series - all of which I already have). 

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either one. If I were you I would get advanced warfare though. The campaign was so fun I've played through it twice, and the multiplayer is the funnest out of the 2 in my opinion. And the multiplayer following is still not bad. I still play it fairly frequently, with just over 22 days played.

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

Well COD Ghost has a terrible stuttering. And story/mp wise very bland. Dont know about COD AW, but i doubt its much better.

I would wait into COD WW2 comes out. That game will be fun if you can fork out the $60 dollars for it.