I really need help

meteogold
Go to solution Solved by MVPernula,
23 minutes ago, meteogold said:

So if my motherboard is not SLI certified yet, is there something I can do about it? 

Honestly, no. What you have to do is wait for an upcoming driver that fixes the issue.

Hello,

Two days ago I bought myself two TITAN Xp. Setted them to SLI, to play some games at 2k Ultra with no fps issues. But I feel that my two TITAN Xp are not using its full potential. Since I am only getting like 50-65 (sometimes it drops all the way down to 45) on The Witcher 3 Ultra settings. This not only happens in The Witcher, it happens in all games.

These are my specs:

Processor: i9 7900X

Graphic Cards: x2 TITAN Xp (SLI)

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix x299-E gaming ATX

RAM: 64GB

Power Supply: 1200W

Monitor: Asus Rog Swift 279Q

All my games are on SSDs.

Bare in mind I did not overclock anything

Greetings and Thanks

Why'd you get Titans? The 1080 Ti is just as good, and much cheaper. 

And is this a new build, or an upgrade? I'd try using DDU to remove the display drivers, then reinstalling them. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Why'd you get Titans? The 1080 Ti is just as good, and much cheaper. 

And is this a new build, or an upgrade? I'd try using DDU to remove the display drivers, then reinstalling them. 

This is a new computer indeed, I am currently downloading a benchmarking software so I can test this...

Just now, meteogold said:

This is a new computer indeed, I am currently downloading a benchmarking software so I can test this...

I'd try reinstalling drivers. And do you do a lot of rendering or something that requires VRAM? You may be able to return your Titans and get a pair of 1080 Tis, which will be optimized and cooled better for gaming. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

I'd try reinstalling drivers. And do you do a lot of rendering or something that requires VRAM? You may be able to return your Titans and get a pair of 1080 Tis, which will be optimized and cooled better for gaming. 

No, I do not do any rendering, and I actually saw some videos on people using TITAN Xps and they get more than 90 fps on 2K, so I don't think the problem is on my titans.

That low fps is quite strange, try to  disable sli and see what fps you get. Might just be software. Keep in mind your monitor. If it's 60hz a huge fps is pointless. Anything like 144hz would ask for a lot more. 

1 minute ago, meteogold said:

No, I do not do any rendering, and I actually saw some videos on people using TITAN Xps and they get more than 90 fps on 2K, so I don't think the problem is on my titans.

Hmm. Like I said, 1080 Tis are much better. 

Back on topic, have you reinstalled drivers? And what is your CPU/GPU usage in games?

Main PC 

Zando said it but in gaming the 1080 ti has been shown to perform better. If you can I would return those cards and get the 1080ti, get a few thousand back and still get killer performance.

Also I run a 1080 SSC (overclocked) and play at 4k and 2k ( I have one of each monitor). I can achieve 60 fps on titles on High with 4k, and anywhere from 80-165 (Depending on the game) at 2k on Ultra settings, so that to mean says bad drivers, and bad support. Remember those Titan XP's where never marketed as gaming GPU's, its only recently that they say you can game with them.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

20 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Hmm. Like I said, 1080 Tis are much better. 

Back on topic, have you reinstalled drivers? And what is your CPU/GPU usage in games?

GPU CPU USAGE.png

9 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

Zando said it but in gaming the 1080 ti has been shown to perform better. If you can I would return those cards and get the 1080ti, get a few thousand back and still get killer performance.

Also I run a 1080 SSC (overclocked) and play at 4k and 2k ( I have one of each monitor). I can achieve 60 fps on titles on High with 4k, and anywhere from 80-165 (Depending on the game) at 2k on Ultra settings, so that to mean says bad drivers, and bad support. Remember those Titan XP's where never marketed as gaming GPU's, its only recently that they say you can game with them.

What are your overclocking settings? Maybe I can use them just to test it out.

1 minute ago, PakYacJack said:

do you have vsync enabled?

No

at +100 to core and +350 on memory with stock voltage. Its water cooled and I have messed a bit with upping voltages for a little bit more, but it hasn't been stable. However since it is water cooled I never go over 50C even under  100% load.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

Okay, after doing some tests, I realized that the problem is the following one: When I have SLI activated my FPS are not good, yet when I deactivate it and only use one card, my performance suddenly goes up to 110+fps on The Witcher 3 all maxed out and 2k resolution. Can anyone explain why this happens? Is there a solution? 

On 8/7/2017 at 7:45 AM, meteogold said:

Okay, after doing some tests, I realized that the problem is the following one: When I have SLI activated my FPS are not good, yet when I deactivate it and only use one card, my performance suddenly goes up to 110+fps on The Witcher 3 all maxed out and 2k resolution. Can anyone explain why this happens? Is there a solution? 

Like I said before, It's likely a driver issues. This is indicated by the computer running faster in non sli. Try DDU and reinstall drivers. Also if it's possible, do a fresh windows install. I can't gaurentee a fix but I know that ddu saved my butt from some glitches yesterday. If that doesn't work I'd contact your manufacturer. Idk how much they will actually know... in fact I doubt that they will even know what sli is so.. maby contact nvidia. Idk if they have a support line but it's your best bet. Good luck!

edit: also try to re seat the cards and see what fps you get on the other one in non sli. Make sure they both  play with similar fps in non sli.

7 hours ago, Kd4lif3 said:

Like I said before, It's likely a driver issues. This is indicated by the computer running faster in non sli. Try DDU and reinstall drivers. Also if it's possible, do a fresh windows install. I can't gaurentee a fix but I know that ddu saved my butt from some glitches yesterday. If that doesn't work I'd contact your manufacturer. Idk how much they will actually know... in fact I doubt that they will even know what sli is so.. maby contact nvidia. Idk if they have a support line but it's your best bet. Good luck!

edit: also try to re seat the cards and see what fps you get on the other one in non sli. Make sure they both  play with similar fps in non sli.

I already used DDU and reinstalled my drivers, didn't work, and I also tested both graphic cards with no SLI. Both run good by themselves! Does the new driver work good with SLI systems?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, meteogold said:

I already used DDU and reinstalled my drivers, didn't work, and I also tested both graphic cards with no SLI. Both run good by themselves! Does the new driver work good with SLI systems?

Thank you!

just to be sure, in the nvidia 3D settings you changed it to prefer maximum performance? I've had a few moments where I forgot to do that and lost a large amount of performance.

On 8/4/2017 at 0:54 PM, meteogold said:

Hello,

Two days ago I bought myself two TITAN Xp. Setted them to SLI, to play some games at 2k Ultra with no fps issues. But I feel that my two TITAN Xp are not using its full potential. Since I am only getting like 50-65 (sometimes it drops all the way down to 45) on The Witcher 3 Ultra settings. This not only happens in The Witcher, it happens in all games.

These are my specs:

Processor: i9 7900X

Graphic Cards: x2 TITAN Xp (SLI)

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix x299-E gaming ATX

RAM: 64GB

Power Supply: 1200W

Monitor: Asus Rog Swift 279Q

All my games are on SSDs.

Bare in mind I did not overclock anything

Greetings and Thanks

boy, do you sure like wasting money. 

try reinstalling drivers, trying with a single card, and reformatting. 

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

On 8/4/2017 at 1:09 PM, meteogold said:

IF YOU DONT DO RENDERING WHY WOULD YOU GET A 7900X. 

OOF

honestly its a waste of money. you probably spent 5x more for worse performance than you wouldve gotten from a 7700k. if its available for refunds, id get one, or at least downgrade to a 7740x which is much cheaper and has great silicon for gaming. you can get up to 5.0+ on it. that is of course if youre not willing to refund your motherboard and save a lot of money 

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

Try taking one of the titans out, run your games and see what kind of perf you get. 
Put the other one back in, make sure you've put the SLI bridge on, make sure you've enabled it in GFX, and run again to see if there's any change in perf.

Edit: Just remember that I was never able to get Crossfire working on Witcher 3, I wonder if its a similar issue. Have you tried it on any other games?

Edited by Hugsy Malone
Additional info

@Zando Bob Stop saying that, if OP wants the Titan cards let him have those, one thing is suggest best value sure but another thing is constantly "bash" OP's buying decisions. Besides all of you are wrong the Xp obviously outperforms the 1080ti in games

OP's issue here is that x299 platform is not SLI certified YET:

r-qUfKLCmpBk5v47B8KSUFmc6qHOUYBAk_xxs4HA

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

44 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

@Zando Bob Stop saying that, if OP wants the Titan cards let him have those, one thing is suggest best value sure but another thing is constantly "bash" OP's buying decisions. Besides all of you are wrong the Xp obviously outperforms the 1080ti in games

Yeah, sorry about that. The OP wasn’t addressing that, so I kept bringing it up. Not tying to bash anyone’s choices though. And I know the Titans are slightly better, but the 1080 Ti is a better value. Moot point though, looks like the OP is sticking with Titans. 

Main PC 

9 hours ago, Straxxus said:

just to be sure, in the nvidia 3D settings you changed it to prefer maximum performance? I've had a few moments where I forgot to do that and lost a large amount of performance.

My NVIDIA 3D settings are setted to maximum quality, since I thought that setting them on max performance with SLI makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Hugsy Malone said:

Try taking one of the titans out, run your games and see what kind of perf you get. 
Put the other one back in, make sure you've put the SLI bridge on, make sure you've enabled it in GFX, and run again to see if there's any change in perf.

Edit: Just remember that I was never able to get Crossfire working on Witcher 3, I wonder if its a similar issue. Have you tried it on any other games?

I already tried that, taking one TITAN Xp out and putting it back in and SLI bridge seems to be okay, I have tried SLI using a benchmarking software, still worse performance than with a single TITAN Xp.