Android Rooting Everything You Need To Know And How To

Snake

Snake's Android Rooting Mega Thread

Intro

In this thread i will be explaining what rooting is, how to do it and also some of the benefits of doing so. Before i start the thread however i would like to outline a few things one being i know that a lot of you on this forum may know how to do this ect ect and you may also comment saying you could just go to somewhere like XDA to get this information but i thought it would be nice to have a thread here with all the stuff about rooting and maybe more. 

I have been using android since 2.1 (Eclair) so i have been using it for a while the 2 devices that i will be showing the screenshots and examples from will be a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 7. Both of these devices are Google products and come with pure android.

What is Rooting and why would i want to Root

The term rooting is a short version of what is called root access. The way i explain this to people is like be a admin of a computer or simply jail breaking. But the whole point in rooting is to be able to replace or remove limitations that your device may have. An example of this is being able to remove system apps ones that can not be removed unless being rooted so being able to get rid of un-wanted bloatware. 

There are many many more reasons you would want to root however one being root specific apps such as over clocking tools and apps which basically enhance your android experience. One big advantage of rooting is being able to put custom roms on your device which greatly improve system performance in many cases and also give your device (if you want it) a stock android feel. I will be showing you how to install custom roms latter in this guide.

Disclaimer

Everything that i have written is from my experience and i take no responsibility for any damage that may be caused during the process of rooting/installing custom software to your device. 

Rooting may void warranty (i will how ever show you how to go back to stock).

What you will need

Your device 

The cable that came with your device (or one that you know is high quality and wont disconnect mid way through this process)

A little patience

Android ADB fastboot without SDK - http://www.mediafire.com/download/0imf9xv2uicwkbh/Android.zip

Rooting

I will now show you how to root and how to do so on my devices for others i will look in to and update this thread but i will not be 100% sure as i dont own the device but i will do what i can to make this thrad as helpful as possible to everyone.

Rooting the Nexus line of devices is the same steps but i will be doing these on my Nexus 7 just because i dont like restoring my phone.

5wi1n.png

Here i am showing you that you have to have all the files that i provided in the same folder and you will then have to shift right click and then click open command window. Or you can CD to the location but this is easier.

To be continued...(please tell me what you think so far and if you would like me to do more like this on android i know a lot of android)

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

I am very sure different devices have different rooting procedures. :/

My HTC Sensation XE was and still is an enormous PITA

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Yeah, no. Like @Ghost said, different devices require different procedures.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I am very sure different devices have different rooting procedures. :/

I know i said i will try and cover that as i know how to do samsungs and i will look in to doing HTC as the last HTC phone i rooted was a wildfire which was a while ago.

I just need to get the thread in to some order as i guess it will be a big thread once im done im writing it up locally now :)

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

I know i said i will try and cover that as i know how to do samsungs and i will look in to doing HTC as the last HTC phone i rooted was a wildfire which was a while ago.

I just need to get the thread in to some order as i guess it will be a big thread once im done im writing it up locally now :)

Well, the title is very misleading in that case.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Well, the title is very misleading in that case.

I will think of another title i was just trying to cover the main things that im going to touch on.

Im A Snake.....

I have 2 Galaxy Note II L900's and 1 Galaxy S2 D710. I have the full rooting setup as well as full Stock roms that restore to full factory reset including Flash Count resets for all 3 devices.

Edit: The roms also restore the factory Recovery.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

@OP. I don't think you understand. Each model on the market has it's own way to root/install ROM. You can't do a universal guide. Just leave this to the xda developers forums....

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x