AMD FX 8320 vs i5 4690k

How much more performance will I get out of a i5 4690k then an Amd Fx 8320 with a 980 Ti and 500watt Psu

And could somebody find me a motherboard and RAM for the i5 @200$ for both

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

sell the i5, try to sell it for 100$, get a ryzen 1600 system. 

100% arge white you.

I5 gose for 150$ easy. Do you have that amd pc right now or ar you looking for 1 ?

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

10 minutes ago, zydm said:

And could somebody find me a motherboard and RAM for the i5 @200$ for both

Is there a certain model you want

3 minutes ago, Swealteek said:

I5 gose for 150$ easy. Do you have that amd pc right now or ar you looking for 1 ?

what? i was talking to OP, i am personally not looking for a downgrade. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

what? i was talking to OP, i am personally not looking for a downgrade. 

First i'm talking to you

Than im taling to the TP

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

I have an AMD FX 8320

rn and a shitty motherboard with DDR3 ram, trying to get a new motherboard and ddr4 ram for maybe 200$ then have the i5 4690k instead of FX

just asking how much better

my FPS would be, I have a GTX 980 Ti Hybrid

14 minutes ago, zydm said:

I have an AMD FX 8320

rn and a shitty motherboard with DDR3 ram, trying to get a new motherboard and ddr4 ram for maybe 200$ then have the i5 4690k instead of FX

i5-4690k doesn't support ddr4 it's the same ddr3 ram that you already have. so the i5 is definitely better but i think it still bottlenecks the 980ti.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

I heard that it didnt when i looked it up

9 minutes ago, zydm said:

I heard that it didnt when i looked it up

It wont bottleneck it, but right now it is pointless to get i5 of anysort (only if it is crazy good deal). If you are no tight budget get r5 1600, it is newer cpu, uses ddr4 and has 2 more cores and 6 more threads then i5.. 

27 minutes ago, chexor said:

It wont bottleneck it, but right now it is pointless to get i5 of anysort (only if it is crazy good deal). If you are no tight budget get r5 1600, it is newer cpu, uses ddr4 and has 2 more cores and 6 more threads then i5.. 

I got the i5 for free

You'll get considerably better performance with the i5 than you did with the 8320. Newer games that use multiple threads won't work as well as they would on an i7 or Ryzen chip but they will still perform well enough. As others have stated, you can use the DDR3 with the i5. Look for any Z97 board and you should be good. Also make sure you have a cooler for it as well. The i5 won't be relevant too much longer so if you can, trade the i5 towards an i7 4790k so that you have more threads for future games. Ideally a newer i7 or a Ryzen would be ideal at the very least you have a decent i5 that will work.

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe

29 minutes ago, Krillingt75961 said:

You'll get considerably better performance with the i5 than you did with the 8320. Newer games that use multiple threads won't work as well as they would on an i7 or Ryzen chip but they will still perform well enough. As others have stated, you can use the DDR3 with the i5. Look for any Z97 board and you should be good. Also make sure you have a cooler for it as well. The i5 won't be relevant too much longer so if you can, trade the i5 towards an i7 4790k so that you have more threads for future games. Ideally a newer i7 or a Ryzen would be ideal at the very least you have a decent i5 that will work.

Im just trying to make it work for rust dayz and miscreated then later on buy a whole new rig

28 minutes ago, zydm said:

Im just trying to make it work for rust dayz and miscreated then later on buy a whole new rig

Don't really need to buy a whole new rig, just stick with the i5 for now and upgrade to an i7 in the future. I used to have an 8320 myself and it didn't run so well on Rust. The i5 has issues on occasion but that's just because of the bad optimization of Rust. Runs much better than on the 8320.

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe