Oneplus 2 charging?

Basically my OP2 has something borked with its charging. If it's the brick, cable or something inside the phone I have no idea but I was wondering if I should get a charger that supports quick charge 3.0(and the other versions) or if I should just save $20 and get a normal 2.4A charger. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

probably cable @DocSwag.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

11 minutes ago, themctipers said:

probably cable @DocSwag.

It transfers data just fine though but I guess it could be. Might as well replace it too though but that's another $20 or something because reasons. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

It transfers data just fine though but I guess it could be. Might as well replace it too though but that's another $20 or something because reasons. 

it fixed his problems sooooooooooooooooo

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

9 minutes ago, themctipers said:

it fixed his problems sooooooooooooooooo

The cable is more expensive then the 2.4A charger :( guess il get both because one plus are dicks and the brick won't work with other cables... 

Builds:

Spoiler

The cable is more expensive then the 2.4A charger :( guess il get both because one plus are dicks and the brick won't work with other cables... 

????

isnt it standard micro USB 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

17 minutes ago, themctipers said:

????

isnt it standard micro USB 

no i was wrong, its a full size A on the brick but too late. cable was the problem. either way the brick is fucking huge anyway because i need to use an american plug to EU plug addapter because they sent me the wrong one.

15 minutes ago, MrKickkiller said:

It should be standard B (al be it half the width) to USB C

what. nooo. why would it be B? its type A like every other charger/sync cable in the world

*edit*

plugged it in like 2 min ago, already charged 4%. its been ages since its been this quick, like probably 6 months lol

Builds:

Spoiler

no i was wrong, its a full size A on the brick but too late. cable was the problem. either way the brick is fucking huge anyway because i need to use an american plug to EU plug addapter because they sent me the wrong one.

what. nooo. why would it be B? its type A like every other charger/sync cable in the world

buy the 12w Apple brick ^/s

apparently my brick is made by superflower or some shit, it's good

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

buy the 12w Apple brick ^/s

apparently my brick is made by superflower or some shit, it's good

the brick i bough is basically a china one but not shit china, like decent china. its Kjell o company's own brand which is OK mainly because its not as god damn over priced as the other stores shitty china pices of poo. the cable feels really nice for a non braided one but i will definatly miss the flat cable ;-;

Builds:

Spoiler

the brick i bough is basically a china one but not shit china, like decent china. its Kjell o company's own brand which is OK mainly because its not as god damn over priced as the other stores shitty china pices of poo. the cable feels really nice for a non braided one but i will definatly miss the flat cable ;-;

I'm using an OEM Apple cable :) still working after 7 months. 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

I'm using an OEM Apple cable :) still working after 7 months. 

when i had my IP4s the cable was fine for about a year, then it turned into much and died, and then the next cable i grabbed turned into much and died after another few months, then i got my OP2

Builds:

Spoiler

when i had my IP4s the cable was fine for about a year, then it turned into much and died, and then the next cable i grabbed turned into much and died after another few months, then i got my OP2

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I had issues with my cable heating up at the part that plugs into the phone, this would occasionally cause the charger to stop charging the phone entirely. Once I got a replacement cable all my problems were gone. The brick was fine.  What symptoms are you having?

Also, don't get a quick charge cable since OP2 doesn't support it, unless you're thinking to the future or something.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 hour ago, DocSwag said:

I had issues with my cable heating up at the part that plugs into the phone, this would occasionally cause the charger to stop charging the phone entirely. Once I got a replacement cable all my problems were gone. The brick was fine.  What symptoms are you having?

Also, don't get a quick charge cable since OP2 doesn't support it, unless you're thinking to the future or something.

Ended up getting a new brick and cable. The cable was the culprit but the new brick is nice because it's not as large as a small fist lol. Seeing as they sent me a US brick I have had to use an adapter so it'd been a pain to carry it. 

Builds:

Spoiler