OK temps?

SmilesRising

My GPU hits 82-83*c when im playing PUBG. is that ok or do i need to change the fan curve?

Watches and computers                    

Just now, Blackhole890 said:

depends on the ambient temp, gpu and your case airflow... But yes, i'd try to get around 75ºC max to be safe... 

ambient temp might be around 25-27 degrees, the gpu is a gtx 1080 msi gaming X and the case is a h440 so not very good airflow..

Watches and computers                    

Just now, smiles rising said:

ambient temp might be around 25-27 degrees, the gpu is a gtx 1080 msi gaming X and the case is a h440 so not very good airflow..

then try raising around 30-50% fan curve? i have heard that msi fans arent noisy enough until you set at 70% so it shouldnt be a problem

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

For an aftermarket card like the MSI you have that’s a bit hot, most cards like that stay under 75C. If you had a founders card then those temps would be normal.

7 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

My GPU hits 82-83*c when im playing PUBG. is that ok or do i need to change the fan curve?

Yeah raise it. 75 is ok 

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

For an aftermarket card like the MSI you have that’s a bit hot, most cards like that stay under 75C. If you had a founders card then those temps would be normal.

its only when i play PUBG. i dont know why it only happens in that game ?

Watches and computers                    

10 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

That's a little high for my liking but should be ok. I usually like to stay under 80 but 82 shouldn't be too bad.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

6 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

its only when i play PUBG. i dont know why it only happens in that game ?

because it doesn't have the best optimization yet and is using more resources than it probably should

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

nVIDIA reference cards usually run at that temp.

I doubt its going to cause any problems regardless of what brand card you bought, at least it shouldn't.

You just will be restricted in terms of OC headroom, but that temp is fine if you are not concerned about OC.