Need Help with Fittings.

Dear LTT Community,

I am planning on building a hardline water cooling loop and the only part I haven't chosen yet are my hardline compression fittings (and tubing). My current build is in a Phanteks Evolv ATX Glass Edition and features a dremeled on verticle GPU. Other than that it is a normal set up. My current loop plan will require a lot of 90° turns on account of the GPU. If on a budget is it worth using 90° fittings or would it be better to just bend the tubing? If it's best to buy fittings could you recommend an affordable brand?

Thank you,

lahren1

Edited by lahren1

1 minute ago, lahren1 said:

Dear LTT Community,

I am planning on building a hardline water cooling loop and the only part I haven't chosen yet are my hardline compression fittings (and tubing). My current build is in a Phanteks Evolv ATX Glass Edition and features a dremeled on verticle GPU. Other than that it is a normal set up. My current loop plan will require a lot of 90° turns on account of the GPU. If on a budget is it worth using 90° fittings or would it be better to just bend the tubing? If it's best to buy fittings could you recommend an affordable brand?

Thank you,

lahren1

If your planning straight runs with no bends be ready for a hefty budget, bending is still the most common practice with angled fittings where appropriate and it has less points of failure than the extra connections. 

Since you are doing hardline you don't need the hardline but you will have to use the 90 degree bender to get an exact bend but it will be cheaper than extra fittings.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I am not planning on straight runs. It's just that 90° fittings alone are almost as much as a normal compression fitting, not to mention that I need to screw a compression fitting on to it additionally (ex Bitspower).

if you feel you can do the bends it makes a lot more sense, typically you use 90º fittings if you're using glass or other materials you can't bend easily

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

2 minutes ago, lahren1 said:

I am not planning on straight runs. It's just that 90° fittings alone are almost as much as a normal compression fitting, not to mention that I need to screw a compression fitting on to it additionally (ex Bitspower).

The most versatile option is to have an angled fitting then the compression hardline fittings which is why that's done that way. If you can plan your loop to use no angled fittings and just bend the tubing to the necessary locations that also work.

Bitspower is probably the most expensive in the whole WC business but you are correct about the price being almost the same and you will also need a bunch of extenders and you will never know how much until you start doing the runs.

Do you have the tools to cut, heat, bend and smoothen the hardline?....you will also need that.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I'm planning on buying the XSPC Easy Cut/Bend Tool Kit. I also have a hairdryer. Picture of my current setup coming momentarily.

I added my Reservoir/Pump Combo in for reference.

IMG_1626.JPG

It kind of depends on your routing too, there is a minimum bend radius as well and sometimes you "have" to use 90 fittings without the tubing either kinking, or being so curved that you can't put the compression fitting on. Thicker tubing have larger bend radius. I didn't use any bend guides (mandrels) in my build, just had bending should be fine, you can even use your table as a guide for a 90 degree.

Maybe my Evolv build can help you visual what you want to do, since its a very similar setup. I have 2 360 HW Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTS rads in there. 

19679490_10210109036751522_2597045142930433830_o (1).jpg

Thanks, everyone! I bought 8 XSPC Compression fittings and 4 90° Fittings.