MSI Gaming Monitor 27 1920 x 1080 144Hz Refresh Rate (Optix G27C) Blue and Stuff Shadow Errors

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

Displayport is good, shouldn't be your problem.

Wait.. Have you installed the drivers for your GPU? 

I suppose.. It's a tricky one, really.

can you link me to msi 1070 gaming x 8g drivers so i get the right stuff

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Try using igpu if you have it and see if the issues presist 

igpu?

Just now, Texan_Man said:

igpu?

integrated gpu, like intel hd graphics

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

integrated gpu, like intel hd graphics

ohhh good idea but i cant connect dp to my motherboard i have to use hdmi and my hdmi cord doesnt support 144 

7 minutes ago, Texan_Man said:

can you link me to msi 1070 gaming x 8g drivers so i get the right stuff

Download Geforce Experience here:
https://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/download

Geforce Experience will automaticcaly find the latest and best drivers for your GPU.

If you havent downloaded them already I'm almost certain this is your problem.

Install Geforve Experience, make an accound and sign in on it if you don't have one, download drivers, install them and go.

Tell us how it works after this. :)

13 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That is interesting, perhaps I am wrong then :/ 

No, I suspect that it's a GPU issue but is only presenting itself when it's working hard, and if it's being held back to only run 60 fps that could be hiding the issue.

It was a cable issue i plugged a hdmi in and it only let me go up to 120 hz but there is no more color messing up

13 hours ago, MVPernula said:

Download Geforce Experience here:
https://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/download

Geforce Experience will automaticcaly find the latest and best drivers for your GPU.

If you havent downloaded them already I'm almost certain this is your problem.

Install Geforve Experience, make an accound and sign in on it if you don't have one, download drivers, install them and go.

Tell us how it works after this. :)

It was a cable issue i plugged a hdmi in and it only let me go up

It was a cable issue i plugged a hdmi in and it only let me go up to 120 hz but there is no more color messing up

Interesting.  Also, let me just bask in my "thought of it first" :P

13 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It would be an unusual case but I wonder if it's cables.  They could be crapping out, unable to handle the bandwidth of 144 Hz...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Interesting.  Also, let me just bask in my "thought of it first" :P

lol thank you very much ill go and pick up a new cable for 144hz any suggestions on perfect cable for 144?

lol thank you very much ill go and pick up a new cable for 144hz any suggestions on perfect cable for 144?

Well, it might sound petty but if the DP cable came with your GPU and it's still fairly new, you might be able to RMA the cable xD 

But if not, literally any DP cable should work for 1080p 144 Hz, but to be safe (and be able to use it in the future) get a recent one (v 1.4).

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well, it might sound petty but if the DP cable came with your GPU and it's still fairly new, you might be able to RMA the cable xD 

But if not, literally any DP cable should work for 1080p 144 Hz, but to be safe (and be able to use it in the future) get a recent one (v 1.4).

it came with monitor

it came with monitor

ah, alright.  Also I should clarify, the cables themselves do not have versions - they're all supposedly the same - but any good one should be certified, and I would suspect that means newer ones will be certified to handle 1.4 speeds.

https://www.displayport.org/cables/how-to-choose-a-displayport-cable-and-not-get-a-bad-one/

• 6 months later...

Sorry for comment on an old topic, i have the same issue. Also, i have some extra data about this. 

This issue happend to me with an strix r9 390, monitor with free sync on and off, no mater what the hue is always present after some time. This time can be random 10 seconds or 20 minutes of games, when you turn off/on its seems the problem is fixed but some time after this the hue come back.

I try with different DP cable, also the one that came with the monitor, non of these change make any change. 

Also, i buy a brand new MSI 1080 ti trio but this issue persist. I dont know what else try and its really annoying .

This issue happen with high hz settings like 144, if you go and create a custom resolution with a custom refresh rate (in my case 130hz) works as expected, but if you set more than 130 the hue appear.

So, is not the GPU tired on a R9 390 (latest driver) and 1080 ti (latest driver), is not the FreeSync, try on and off and is not VSYNC, is not the cable (tried different DP cable).

Also AC configuration for PC and Monitor have ground wire for avoid possible interference. 

ADD: this happen playing pubg and Battlefield 1 at max refresh rate.

• 1 year later...
On 2/5/2018 at 9:12 PM, pupeTT said:

Hi please i have the same problem is there a solution