Trouble overclocking ram on Asus crosshair vi hero

I'm having some trouble overclocking my ram. I just built a Ryzen rig and was able to OC it to 4.0 @ 1.375V. Before that and after so tried to OC my ram which is on the Asus QVL and rated at 3200. When I go into the bios and set the docp to 3200 and adjust the voltage, it won't "stick" after restarting. Yet the settings are saved to run it at 3200 but it's not actually running at 3200. Anyone else experiencing this issue? And yes I'm running the latest bios.

Specs: Ryzen 1700x, Asus crosshair vi hero, g skill flare x 16gb 3200

Edit:  I just tried to OC again and, at 3200 the pc shuts off after saving bios and restarts twice and boots on the third pass. But still running at 2400. So I tried 2933 then 2800mhz, but both made the pc restart once and boot on the second time. But everything still runs at 2400mhz.

You're System isn't taking the ram specs.  What you're describing is exactly what happens when the ram speed/timings/voltage fail.

Update your BIOS first. Also make sure your DRAM boot voltage is set correctly.

I had this exact issue, it sometimes wouldn't stick, asus had a somewhat recent bios update on july 5th. The ezflashback bios tool wouldn't work over network, it says 1201 was latest. So use usb method and ram speed sticks for me now. I literally only changed to 3200speed and didn't do manual timings or anything. 

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

10 hours ago, doits said:

I had this exact issue, it sometimes wouldn't stick, asus had a somewhat recent bios update on july 5th. The ezflashback bios tool wouldn't work over network, it says 1201 was latest. So use usb method and ram speed sticks for me now. I literally only changed to 3200speed and didn't do manual timings or anything. 

I'm already on the latest bios. I don't really know what else to do.

11 hours ago, Evanair said:

You're System isn't taking the ram specs.  What you're describing is exactly what happens when the ram speed/timings/voltage fail.

Update your BIOS first. Also make sure your DRAM boot voltage is set correctly.

I already updated my bios. Maybe I should try upping the voltage on it?

Turns out windows is reading my ram as: 16GB installed (7.93gb available). I tried resetting the ram and double checked to make sure they were in the correct slots according to the manual. But it still reads only 8gb available. How come?

Here's a pic from the system: http://imgur.com/a/YutWh

Up the soc to 1.2

dram voltage to 1.35/1.4 

thats what got mine running

corsair vengance 3200mhz Hynix 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

6 hours ago, DayQuil_Man said:

Turns out windows is reading my ram as: 16GB installed (7.93gb available). I tried resetting the ram and double checked to make sure they were in the correct slots according to the manual. But it still reads only 8gb available. How come?

Here's a pic from the system: http://imgur.com/a/YutWh

Does 16gb show up at 2400mhz? If not and you've tried different dimm slots you may have fried a stick.

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

On 7/20/2017 at 5:29 AM, DayQuil_Man said:

I already updated my bios. Maybe I should try upping the voltage on it?

To respond first to a very dangerous idea, 1.2 CPU SOC voltage is the absolute max you really want to go. 

The newest bios (at least beta) reflects the dram voltage over to the dram boot voltage in another window. Here's what is do from a cleared bios. Reset system after each number.

1. Manually set Dram Voltage to 1.35v, dram boot voltage to 1.35, CPU SOC voltage to 1.1
  2. Load AMP profile, then manually set the speed back to 2400 (or close number), leaving timings alone.
  3. Manually increase the speed a step at a time, resetting in between.

Saving profiles in between boots is an idea if you want to save time for the last step.