finding an AM4 Cooler

Adam Crow

I Updated my system to a Ryzen (was using an FX Build) i am wondering what cooler i should try and look into or even hint towards a AIO Cooler. i have a 212 Evo but finding an upgrade kit is super hard to find or the markup is way too expensive for just a simple bracket. should i hold out for a new shipment to transfer it or should i buy a new cooler. Thanks guys i appreciate your guidance and personal experience input

The included stock cooler should be fine.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Chance that you find AM4 verified cooler will be hard still. Most manufacturers don't have brackets in packages, though its getting better, I'd guess. AM4 is still new platform.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I got the Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4, works like a charm. I can't hear it with the case closed and it keeps my CPU temps below 40 for normal browsing and office work, and below 60 for gaming (I didn't bother overclocking yet, I don't have any games my machine couldn't handle out of the box atm). They have two more coolers that come ready for AM4, the NH-D15 SE-AM4 and the NH-L9x65 SE-AM4.

http://noctua.at/am4

I just installed my NH-D15 to cool my R5 1600 and it never went over 65C after 10min of Aida64 @ 4GHz and 1.45V (60C after an hour @ final stable OC of 3925MHz and 1.3875V). It's overkill for most setups but you will never worry about temps or sound and it's super easy to install.