LTX 2017 Details

CPotter

Yeah I Am On The Flight Now And Everything Should Be good. It is another 2 is hours to get to Langley from when the plane lands so it would be almost 11 if we were delayed by 2 hours. I still probably could of checked into the airbnb, asking for a place was a backup. The person that runs the airairbnb is an older Chinese lady and I didn't know how she might react if I told her that I wouldn't be there until 11 or lator, so I was making a plan b.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

31 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

Yeah I Am On The Flight Now And Everything Should Be good. It is another 2 is hours to get to Langley from when the plane lands so it would be almost 11 if we were delayed by 2 hours. I still probably could of checked into the airbnb, asking for a place was a backup. The person that runs the airairbnb is an older Chinese lady and I didn't know how she might react if I told her that I wouldn't be there until 11 or lator, so I was making a plan b.

Yay! Think you will make it to LTX tomorrow?

EDIT: Have Nice Flight Dont Die

@CPotter How many tickets did you guys sell? What are the rules on food items? Where is the Dennis Dunk Tank? So many questions! (But serously, I do want to know the first two)

On 24/07/2017 at 0:55 PM, kirashi said:

Route 1 through Coquitlam via Golden Ears Bridge: https://goo.gl/maps/zR4SWYuYgxB2

Route 2 through Burnaby via Patullo Bridge: https://goo.gl/maps/Hrjha4TgAgv

Route 3 through Burnaby via Port Mann Bridge: https://goo.gl/maps/jXbJJDWKVuw

Just a heads up from a Valley native: the Patullo is your best bet if you want to avoid tolls (If you haven't registered your car it is more expensive and billing could be annoying) and it shouldn't be too bad on a Saturday.

16 minutes ago, frosty-kyogre said:

Just a heads up from a Valley native: the Patullo is your best bet if you want to avoid tolls (If you haven't registered your car it is more expensive and billing could be annoying) and it shouldn't be too bad on a Saturday.

Thanks, this may be the route we go instead of the Port Mann. I did pre-register my vehicle for the $3.75 toll that should be covered via our tax money already, but I digress...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

22 minutes ago, frosty-kyogre said:

Note this will multiply travel time by about 400% at least on a Saturday. The Fraser and/or King George is/will be crazy on Saturdays. Might be worth the toll if you're pressed for time.
If you do take Patullo, try to work your way back to the #1 HWY after the bridge.

"If we can't laugh at the dead, we have no business killing people."

3 minutes ago, SaTaNsRoBoThO said:

Note this will multiply travel time by about 400% at least on a Saturday. The Fraser and/or King George is/will be crazy on Saturdays. Might be worth the toll if you're pressed for time.
If you do take Patullo, try to work your way back to the #1 HWY after the bridge.

Ah, my bad. I don't go that way often and when I have gone during weekends it wasn't too bad.

Man I'm so hype! First time in Canada, so hopefully I'll somehow manage to find my way

3 hours ago, hamstu said:

:'( So sad to hear this man! I live here in Canada, just 25 mins from the border, let's say we just sneak you over? Hahah, jk jk.

But yeah that's really sucky. I wonder if you can get a refund. Otherwise I might have brother and his GF interested in tickets.

sent you a message!

45 minutes ago, Skim said:

Man I'm so hype! First time in Canada, so hopefully I'll somehow manage to find my way

Same here! I'm getting about a 40 minute drive to the center from here. I plan on arriving pretty early aswell.

24 minutes ago, waynedud3 said:

Same here! I'm getting about a 40 minute drive to the center from here. I plan on arriving pretty early aswell.

it's my first time to canada too, fortunately i was lucky enough that i just so happened to book a place on Airbnb that turned out to only be a 6 minute drive away lol

My PC Setup:

Spoiler

The PC:

Case: Cougar Solution ATX Mid Tower

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1620v3

Mobo: AsRock x99 Extreme4

RAM: 12GB (3x4GB) GeiL DDR4 2133MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB MSI Armor OC

PSU: EVGA 80+ 500w

Storage: Toshiba P300 1TB HDD + Hitachi HDS721016CLA382 160GB HDD (with the classic messy partition table)

Cooling: Zalman CNPS10X Extreme

Etc: LG Lite-On DVD+R Burner (i use optical media all the time for vintage computers, it's not dead yet! hell, floppy drive in here too but can't plug it into x99 :()

Outside the case:

Monitors (left to right):  Dell E176FP + Samsung Syncmaster 2253BW + AOC G2260VWQ6 Freesync

Keyboard: Lexmark (IBM) Model M-122

Mouse: Logitech G402

Headset: Samson SR850

DAC: Digidesign Mbox 2 Mini

Mic: Realistic Cardioid 33-992a

Main Laptop: 2009 Macbook (Recycling Haul)
Streaming Laptop: 2013 Samsung Series 7 Ultra 740U

I feel bad that everyone who's coming to LTX and Canada for the first time...your first impressions will be the Vancouver airport and Langley,

Spend a day over in Victoria, it's nice. If you've got some coin I recommend taking the Helijet from downtown Vancouver and back.

37 minutes ago, b3ar said:

I feel bad that everyone who's coming to LTX and Canada for the first time...your first impressions will be the Vancouver airport and Langley,

Spend a day over in Victoria, it's nice. If you've got some coin I recommend taking the Helijet from downtown Vancouver and back.

I came in through the Boltbus from Seattle (I flew in for a different event, LTX was just a convenient side-thing)

But I do think Vancouver is pretty nice already (Tim Horton's donuts are legit)

51 minutes ago, b3ar said:

Hey Langley isn't so bad! Haha. But ah I see you live in Victoria, which is undeniably a great place.

oooouch canadian gas prices

hopefully my half-tank lasts until i cross back over into Washington in a few days

and here i thought Washington's gas prices were absurd LOL

My PC Setup:

Spoiler

The PC:

Storage: Toshiba P300 1TB HDD + Hitachi HDS721016CLA382 160GB HDD (with the classic messy partition table)

Etc: LG Lite-On DVD+R Burner (i use optical media all the time for vintage computers, it's not dead yet! hell, floppy drive in here too but can't plug it into x99 :()

Outside the case:

Monitors (left to right):  Dell E176FP + Samsung Syncmaster 2253BW + AOC G2260VWQ6 Freesync

Last minute thing but any one know how the tickets are delivered?

1 minute ago, tac7ix said:

Last minute thing but any one know how the tickets are delivered?

you receive them via email as a pdf, and you can either print it out or you can have them scan it on your phone

My PC Setup:

Spoiler

The PC:

Outside the case:

14 minutes ago, syloui said:

oooouch canadian gas prices

hopefully my half-tank lasts until i cross back over into Washington in a few days

and here i thought Washington's gas prices were absurd LOL

Oh we should have warned you to fill up before crossing.
Ironically, we go down to Washington to save on buying gas that came out of the ground in Canada :/

"If we can't laugh at the dead, we have no business killing people."

Wow I didn't realise so many people were taking flights in. Glad I'm a local.

Anyone else making AMD NO shirts out of electrical tape? 

18 minutes ago, Ryz said:

Wow I didn't realise so many people were taking flights in. Glad I'm a local.

Anyone else making AMD NO shirts out of electrical tape? 

Shit, I don't have any tape! Now I gotta macgyver something!

EDIT: Have to go to bed soon. There is no way I am gonna be able to sleep before LTX :P

So I'm donating bone marrow this weekend and can't go to LTX.... Is there any chance I can still get some swag? :) Pretty please?

3 hours ago, Tymmy said:

So I'm donating bone marrow this weekend and can't go to LTX.... Is there any chance I can still get some swag? :) Pretty please?

You would probably have to buy tickets I assume. Maybe they can work something out though?

So i am next to the pink lambo but i have no kdea which building the event is in

Prototype Engineer - Oxford Hackspace

I'm at the day queen just up the street getting food. I did make it. See you all in 1 hour!

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.