LTX 2017 Details

CPotter

Hey just curious, @CPotter is any of the staff there going to still be in there 30 day trial (or whatever) period?

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

1 minute ago, Justin_ said:

Oh lol woops. His posts just kinda popped in at some point so I didn't notice he was here till his 3rd or 4th post

Just noticed.

Can I bring mine??

That is cool AF dude!

Just now, waynedud3 said:

That is cool AF dude!

Eah, it is just something I threw together with stuff I had laying around one day because I was bored :P

Just now, Justin_ said:

Eah, it is just something I threw together with stuff I had laying around one day because I was bored :P

You're pretty handy, then! I know if I tried that id end up with a broken screen, like someone else we know...

I disassembled it and put my laptop back to its normal 1 display way within a week. I will be bringing the laptop.

You're pretty handy, then! I know if I tried that id end up with a broken screen, like someone else we know...

It lasted the entire week that it existed, but when I tried to take it apart to put everything back the way it was the hot glue holding it in place was just a bit too much and the display snapped :P. It was a super thin panel without any real support

I disassembled it and put my laptop back to its normal 1 display way within a week. I will be bringing the laptop.

Got annoying?

Anyone going to see the macro demonstration Tarans Editing Exhibit

the display snapped

Story of my life

Got annoying?

Anyone going to see the macro demonstration Tarans Editing Exhibit

It made my heavy thick laptop much more heavy and thick :P

I am going to go watch Taran edt, but I don't know how long I will stay

Just now, Justin_ said:

I am going to go watch Taran edt, but I don't know how long I will stay

I'll probably hang around for a few minutes. I am a final cut user so I don't care much for premiere or the NLE features of davinci resolve.

3 minutes ago, waynedud3 said:

I'll probably hang around for a few minutes. I am a final cut user so I don't care much for premiere or the NLE features of davinci resolve.

Yeah. I do use Premere at least 1ce a week, but I would be there more for the Taran then the editing guide. I may bug him with a lot of random questions :P

17 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

Yeah. I do use Premere at least 1ce a week, but I would be there more for the Taran then the editing guide. I may bug him with a lot of random questions :P

I can already hear his sarcasm!

Flight leaves in less than 15 hours, i'm hyped! I'll hopefully see you all there!

5 hours ago, waynedud3 said:

@CPotter Do we get a spin on the 16K Gaming setup?

Yes you do!

Well imma going to pass out soon. Shortly after I wake up I will be on a flight to Vancouver, then off to Langly. Se you all in ~36 hours.

P.S. is anybody else going to be on United Flight UA316 from San Francisco?

Wow, so the Langley Events Centre is ages from downtown. Just worked out its 3 buses and a train (about 1.5h).

Is there a good coffee/breakfast place close to the venue for those of us that don't have a car? Something walkable  that can be recommended?

8 hours ago, CPotter said:

11am - 5pm, I'll check and adjust the calendar lol. It's a soft and hard 5pm lol - I'm down to hang around the venue for a bit but it'll probably take at least two hours for the team to clean up and take down everything. Linus will need to go with VIP ticket holders at 6pm to our office.

While I certainly understand that both the venue and LTT probably wanting to shoo people away during wrap up, I'm more than game to assist for a wee bit if you need extra hands for tear down. We're catching the late ferry back, so we've got some time to kill anyway, and I used to absolutely love helping out with events at school functions in the past. I even wanted to help setup my own prom, but for obvious surprise reasons they wouldn't let me. There's just something about setting things up and taking them down that satisfies my OCD tendencies. :P 

Anywho, we're super excited to visit from the Island and experience LTT's shenanigains in their full glory!

15 minutes ago, NZLaurence said:

Wow, so the Langley Events Centre is ages from downtown. Just worked out its 3 buses and a train (about 1.5h).

Is there a good coffee/breakfast place close to the venue for those of us that don't have a car? Something walkable  that can be recommended?

Oi! You there! Are you well behaved? Can you tolerate some bullshit? Are you OK with long awkward silences in cars and possibly the best / worst music ever? If so, I do have 1 car seat available to and from the event. We are driving through North Vancouver between 8am and 10am ish Saturday morning, and returning either immediately following the event if the ferries are busy, or between 7pm and 8pm if they're not.

Route is as follows: https://goo.gl/maps/GHSMxvwjF2E2

If you'd rather let me know in a PM, feel free to message me your rough location on the day of the event, and I'll see how far off our path you might be.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 hours ago, NZLaurence said:

3 buses from where?
It's 2 trains and 1 bus from the airport.
1 train and 1 bus from main street(s) downtown. Bus from Surrey Central Skytrain goes right past L.E.C. (route 501)

Tim Horton's is a couple (larger) blocks from L.E.C.
Mcdonald's and a couple other places too within a 10 minute walk.

Everyone should make a point to check out Toy Traders in Langley afterward, the coolest collectible/toy store in Canada (also biggest). Check the store's facebook for pics, the dioramas are must-see if you're into sci-fi, pop culture etc.
It's very close to many restaurants too.

"If we can't laugh at the dead, we have no business killing people."

6 hours ago, kirashi said:

While I certainly understand that both the venue and LTT probably wanting to shoo people away during wrap up, I'm more than game to assist for a wee bit if you need extra hands for tear down...

Yeah, I can help tear down too. My flight doesn't leave until 6AM the next day so I have time. @CPotter i'm sure that if you guys need help at the end you could just ask people willing to help go to XXXXXX aeria and you would get a crowed.

Hey @Slick you should bring Geodude!

what is the corsiar keyboard swap, and do you need to bring your own corsair keyboard?

Anybody else playing Fallout NV in the airport on the way to LTX?

20170728_122124.thumb.jpg.e38a36e9d5b7e1202365fd1f2757ec49.jpg

Anyone taking too LTX from Richmond, BC? I'm from the US and am in Canada on vacation and don't have a ride.