LTX 2017 Details

CPotter
13 hours ago, kirashi said:

Oi! You there! Are you well behaved? Can you tolerate some bullshit? Are you OK with long awkward silences in cars and possibly the best / worst music ever? If so, I do have 1 car seat available to and from the event. We are driving through North Vancouver between 8am and 10am ish Saturday morning, and returning either immediately following the event if the ferries are busy, or between 7pm and 8pm if they're not.

Route is as follows: https://goo.gl/maps/GHSMxvwjF2E2

If you'd rather let me know in a PM, feel free to message me your rough location on the day of the event, and I'll see how far off our path you might be.

Thank you for the offer, what time will you be at that Starbucks? I think it will work out about the same commute time for me either way as I would have to backtrack, but the it world is run on coffee and beer.....

Do you guys live over on the north shore?

1 hour ago, NZLaurence said:

Thank you for the offer, what time will you be at that Starbucks? I think it will work out about the same commute time for me either way as I would have to backtrack, but the it world is run on coffee and beer.....

Do you guys live over on the north shore?

No, we live on Vancouver Island, so we're sort of bound by the ferry schedule. I'll PM you our details now since I don't want to take over the thread. :P 

EDIT: got distracted and only just sent the PM now @NZLaurence. Check yo messages!

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Finally in Canada! Now I have to try and get some sleep tonight (god knows I won't) and actually wake up in time to make it to LTX! H Y P E D!

3 minutes ago, waynedud3 said:

Finally in Canada! Now I have to try and get some sleep tonight (god knows I won't) and actually wake up in time to make it to LTX! H Y P E D!

See you soon ;)

Just arrived at the place we are staying. Now it's like... What do I do until tomorrow?!? 

vSphere Cluster - 72 Cores - 512GB Memory - 6TB SSD RAW - 42TB HDD RAW - vSphere 7

resonance - Dell PowerEdge R730xd - 2x Intel E5-2667 v3 - 128GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz - NVIDIA RTX 5000 - 2x250GB Samsung 870 Pro - 2x1100W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

kat - Dell PowerEdge R630 - 2x Intel E5-2690 v3 - 256GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz - NVIDIA TESLA P4 - 500GB PNY SSD - 4x1TB Crucial SSD - 2x750W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

starlifter - Dell PowerEdge R720 - 2x Intel E5-2650 v2 - 96GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz - 2xNVIDIA GTX 970 + 1050Ti - 500GB SSD - 7x6TB HGST HDD - 2x1100W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

ion - Dell PowerEdge R620 - 2x Intel E5-2650 v2 - 32GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz - NVIDIA QUADRO M2000 - 2x250GB Samsung 870 Pro -2x750W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

Main Rig

Intel i7-5820K @ 4.6GHz

MSI X99S Krait SLI Edition

32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 @ 2400MHz

Aorus GTX 1080Ti Waterforce Xtreme

Intel 280GB 900p

512GB Crucial NvMe

512GB Samsung 860 Evo

EVGA Supernova 850 G2

Thermaltake Core P5

Putting a jousting arena and hamster ball in line with 16k gaming area sounds wonderful!

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Putting a jousting arena and hamster ball in line with 16k gaming area sounds wonderful!

Someone set up a CCTV camera for when the big crash happens!

4 minutes ago, Shylidi said:

Just arrived at the place we are staying. Now it's like... What do I do until tomorrow?!? 

Anyone got ideas?

Anyone passing through Oakridge and would like to carpool?

Not sure how I'm gonna hold myself over until LTX! Gotta find something to do!

17 minutes ago, waynedud3 said:

Not sure how I'm gonna hold myself over until LTX! Gotta find something to do!

I have been chilling out at the Telus world of science today. They got one of the Quantum computers from D-Wave here that Linus checked out :)

30 minutes ago, Mozzar said:

Quantum computer

Say no more!

10 minutes ago, Mozzar said:

It’s not operational.....in a pretty shiny box though :P

IMG_1463.HEIC

IMG_1464.HEIC

Roger That. Can't open your fancy iOS Beta files files... Sounds cool though. Anything else there that I should check out? Headed there now.

Hey my flight just got delayed, so as is I am going to be landing around 8:30. I don't think I am going to be able to make it to my AirBnB. Is there any way that somebody in Vancouver could give me a couch to sleep on and a ride over in the morning?? *THANKS UNITED AIRLINES*

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

Signed up for a forum account just to say I'm stoked! Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow. :D

6 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

Hey my flight just got delayed, so as is I am going to be landing around 8:30. I don't think I am going to be able to make it to my AirBnB. Is there any way that somebody in Vancouver could give me a couch to sleep on and a ride over in the morning?? *THANKS UNITED AIRLINES*

Dang, that sucks man. So you can't even like just arrive to your AirBnB late?

17 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

Dude that sucks! I would love to help out but sadly only have a single room and single bed (almost too smal for two people). Maybe you could get a cheap hotel somewhere? I'll ask about rides to and from though!

11 minutes ago, waynedud3 said:

Dude that sucks! I would love to help out but sadly only have a single room and single bed (almost too smal for two people). Maybe you could get a cheap hotel somewhere? I'll ask about rides to and from though!

I don't have much money, also you need to be 21 to book a hotel. Looks like the delay is only going to be about 1 hour instead of 2, so will see what is going on...

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

I'm arriving in Vancouver at 10:30am via Bolt Bus. I've looked into public transit and it seems feasible, but if anyone has an extra seat in a vehicle available I can throw a few dollars at you! (Canadian or USD, you're choice ^_^)

Well I messed up. I haven't left the US since I was a kid, when I looked up what I need to drive into Canada I only saw that I needed a birth certificate copy and a photo ID. Turns out the law has changed and although I'm able to get into Canada I won't be able to get back with out a passport. Needless to say I am very very upset:/ well, does anyone want two tickets?

18 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

I don't have much money, also you need to be 21 to book a hotel. Looks like the delay is only going to be about 1 hour instead of 2, so will see what is going on...

Got an update for us? Looks good if it got delayed by 2 hours, then 1. Why can't you check into your airbnb late?

Also, saw the quantum computer and got pictures. Shiny!

14 minutes ago, DrDaystrom said:

Well I messed up. I haven't left the US since I was a kid, when I looked up what I need to drive into Canada I only saw that I needed a birth certificate copy and a photo ID. Turns out the law has changed and although I'm able to get into Canada I won't be able to get back with out a passport. Needless to say I am very very upset:/ well, does anyone want two tickets?

:'( So sad to hear this man! I live here in Canada, just 25 mins from the border, let's say we just sneak you over? Hahah, jk jk.

But yeah that's really sucky. I wonder if you can get a refund. Otherwise I might have brother and his GF interested in tickets.

2 minutes ago, hamstu said:

:'( So sad to hear this man! I live here in Canada, just 25 mins from the border, let's say we just sneak you over? Hahah, jk jk.

But yeah that's really sucky. I wonder if you can get a refund. Otherwise I might have brother and his GF interested in tickets.

getting him over would be fine, but getting him back to the U.S. after would require the passport (makes no sense ay)

My PC Setup:

Spoiler

The PC:

Case: Cougar Solution ATX Mid Tower

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1620v3

Mobo: AsRock x99 Extreme4

RAM: 12GB (3x4GB) GeiL DDR4 2133MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB MSI Armor OC

PSU: EVGA 80+ 500w

Storage: Toshiba P300 1TB HDD + Hitachi HDS721016CLA382 160GB HDD (with the classic messy partition table)

Cooling: Zalman CNPS10X Extreme

Etc: LG Lite-On DVD+R Burner (i use optical media all the time for vintage computers, it's not dead yet! hell, floppy drive in here too but can't plug it into x99 :()

Outside the case:

Monitors (left to right):  Dell E176FP + Samsung Syncmaster 2253BW + AOC G2260VWQ6 Freesync

Keyboard: Lexmark (IBM) Model M-122

Mouse: Logitech G402

Headset: Samson SR850

DAC: Digidesign Mbox 2 Mini

Mic: Realistic Cardioid 33-992a

Main Laptop: 2009 Macbook (Recycling Haul)
Streaming Laptop: 2013 Samsung Series 7 Ultra 740U

21 minutes ago, hamstu said:

Yeah I am really bummed out about it :/ I've really been looking foward to this check and see if they are interested, I would look into returning them if possible, but honestly I'd be okay giving LTT the money 

22 minutes ago, DrDaystrom said:

Yeah I am really bummed out about it :/ I've really been looking foward to this check and see if they are interested, I would look into returning them if possible, but honestly I'd be okay giving LTT the money 

Yeah, I can't even imagine man, so sorry. Yeah, if you're cool supporting LTT I would happily take the 2 tickets, but no pressure either way. Just let me know since my brother will just buy them otherwise.

30 minutes ago, syloui said:

getting him over would be fine, but getting him back to the U.S. after would require the passport (makes no sense ay)

Oh yeah, good point – so just sneaking the other way then :P