Mining with gtx 1080

I have a gtx 1080 I mined before on nice hash and I got about 6 dollars a day, than I erased everything of my hard drive and reinstalled it. Now nicehash is only giving me 2 dollars a day. What's the problem?(and its not algorithms)

1 hour ago, anzemarn0907 said:

I have a gtx 1080 I mined before on nice hash and I got about 6 dollars a day, than I erased everything of my hard drive and reinstalled it. Now nicehash is only giving me 2 dollars a day. What's the problem?(and its not algorithms)

That's about what you should be getting now. ~53MH/s towards Lyra2REv2 will pay out about a thousandth of a BTC a day, which used to be $6/day worth of bitcoin for your work. Now, 1 thousandth of a bitcoin is about $2 and falling.

Bitcoin inst worth $2,800 like it used to be. It's under 2k now and dropping more everyday. Expect less and less

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

Yeah it is just the exchange rate that is messing it up. I was in the same boat mining with my 1080 was getting 5.5 a day but now its under 2 so I gave it up. Not worth it at that small amount of cash.

The prices on crypto are tanking due to the proposed change to Bitcoin. It's still worth doing, but make sure your coins will be with whatever the majority of the market wants after the proposed fork happens on August 1st.

Honestly, would probably be better to put your BTC into Ethereum, Zcash or Litecoin, as it will likely rebound a good amount after the change happens and the market knows which BTC is doing to be the one everyone uses from now on, and you won't have to worry about the coin switch, just change back to whatever one the market starts accepting at that point.