GTX 980 in SLI or GTX 1070?

There's a post on Craigslist near me for 2 GTX 980 SC and sli bridge for $430. I dont know if I should get these 2 or a single GTX 1070.

2 minutes ago, ASAP KTJ said:

There's a post on Craigslist near me for 2 GTX 980 SC and sli bridge for $430. I dont know if I should get these 2 or a single GTX 1070.

If you can verify tthe 980s to be in good condition and SLI able, I think it may be better than the 1070. 

Guess it depends on if the games you want to play can take advantage of SLi fully?

Ryzen 1700 4GHz OC, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 Motherboard, Corsair 32GB 3000MHz RAM, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super

Alienware 13 R3, 7700HQ, 16GB 2667MHz RAM, GTX 1060 6GB

2 minutes ago, smartroad said:

Guess it depends on if the games you want to play can take advantage of SLi fully?

Pretty much. If you play a very specific set of games, and you vet everything for decent SLI scaling, it's quite a bit beefier (although we're talking half the VRAM which can cause its own issues). So I'd narrow it down to: If you do 1080-1440p, if you play very specific games with decent SLI scaling and you can get a good deal, sure. Otherwise, stick with a single 1070 for peace of mind, more VRAM and no scaling issues.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

11 minutes ago, ASAP KTJ said:

The used cards are quite good, but make sure it's good condition in every aspect.

also that SLI setup needs, yeah not a bad PSU

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol