Question about Corsair SP120 RGB Fans

Hi guys,

I have bought the SP120 RGB 3 Pack and a H100i water cooling on Amazon. So I plug the Water cooling power cable to the CPU_FAN port then the three fans to the 1 to 2 cable on the water block. But when I finished building I found two of the fans are just spinning and no rgb lights.The only one shinning is also not working properly, the color cannot be controlled by the RGB controller, and whenever which port on the RGB controller I choose, this fan always works.(such as I plug it to the third port the others are empty, it still works). I'd like to ask whether the fans I bought are broken or is there some settings I had not noticed?

Thanks a lot :-)!!!!

6 minutes ago, Hakosaki said:

Hi guys,

I have bought the SP120 RGB 3 Pack and a H100i water cooling on Amazon. So I plug the Water cooling power cable to the CPU_FAN port then the three fans to the 1 to 2 cable on the water block. But when I finished building I found two of the fans are just spinning and no rgb lights.The only one shinning is also not working properly, the color cannot be controlled by the RGB controller, and whenever which port on the RGB controller I choose, this fan always works.(such as I plug it to the third port the others are empty, it still works). I'd like to ask whether the fans I bought are broken or is there some settings I had not noticed?

Thanks a lot :-)!!!!

Welcome to the Forums!

For the RGB fans you must plug the 4 pin RGB connector into the RGB controller and change the colors using the manual controller. The fan connector is separate and should be on the cooler. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

For the RGB fans you must plug the 4 pin RGB connector into the RGB controller and change the colors using the manual controller. The fan connector is separate and should be on the cooler. 

This is exactly how I would address this situation. 

@Hakosaki Also, make sure to plug in the fans to the hub in order. The fan hub has labels on each port, use port 1,2, and 3. 

11 hours ago, W-L said:

Welcome to the Forums!

I have plug in the fans properly, but still no use.

Thanks for your advice.

29 minutes ago, Hakosaki said:

I have plug in the fans properly, but still no use.

Thanks for your advice.

So just to confirm, Each SP120 should have 2 cables trailing off, 4-pin and a 3-pin. The 4-pin should go into the RGB controller, and must occupy 1, 2, and 3 otherwise they will not shine.

The 3-pin headers need to go into fan headers on either the pump, or motherboard fan headers. I'm a bit confused as how you got 3 fans to connect onto the H100i (perhaps you are using a splitter?). Based on your symptoms, to me it sounds like

- You have 2 fans connected to the waterblock via the 3-pin and so they run, but their 4-pin connector is not plugged into the RGB connector

- The one fan left is plugged into the RGB connector through the 4-pin but not to any fan header.

Long story short, all 6 cables need to be connected. If you have any loose headers coming out of the fans, then things won't work.

54 minutes ago, For Science! said:

So just to confirm, Each SP120 should have 2 cables trailing off, 4-pin and a 3-pin. The 4-pin should go into the RGB controller, and must occupy 1, 2, and 3 otherwise they will not shine.

The 3-pin headers need to go into fan headers on either the pump, or motherboard fan headers. I'm a bit confused as how you got 3 fans to connect onto the H100i (perhaps you are using a splitter?). Based on your symptoms, to me it sounds like

- You have 2 fans connected to the waterblock via the 3-pin and so they run, but their 4-pin connector is not plugged into the RGB connector

- The one fan left is plugged into the RGB connector through the 4-pin but not to any fan header.

Long story short, all 6 cables need to be connected. If you have any loose headers coming out of the fans, then things won't work.

Sorry about my poor English:(

I have connected two SP120s to the waterblock and the last one installed in the PC case. I also had plugged three 4-pin connectors into the RGB controller and I have plugged all 6 cables into the system.But still didn't work.

Thanks for your reply!!!