Rails for Dell Poweredge R200 and HP ProLiant DL380

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know where I could get the Rails for an HP ProLiant DL380 and a Dell Poweredge R200 for cheap?

I've been looking at some stuff on eBay and other websites, but there, the rails cost around 60€... Is that too much? 

I thought they'd cost something in the neighbourhood of 10-20€ for one server... 

So, does anyone know where I could get these for cheap?

I love Small Form factor ITX rigs.

look on ebay or similar or do what I plan to do when I start rack-mounting bodge it and use something else that also works, like steel flat drawers etc. if their strong enough it'll work,

or find the cheap ones and bolt weld screw power tool them on in the jacky way which works

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

12 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The problem I noticed with the server market is that it's flooded with non-techies rather just companies trying to make a quick buck. This is heavily done on sites like eBay.  So, most likely the price could be high for that.  It's why I never finished my 2 servers.

it's not that.Server rails are expensive.I learned that the hard way

My life

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

I mean ya they are, but server parts can go up and down because of the non-techies in the market.

Depends heavily on where you live but within the same reigion it dosen't fluctuate that much 

My life

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The problem I noticed with the server market is that it's flooded with non-techies rather just companies trying to make a quick buck. This is heavily done on sites like eBay.  So, most likely the price could be high for that.  It's why I never finished my 2 servers.

Yeah, to me it seems like the printer market. Yo get the printer for $20, but the ink costs you hundreds of dollars.

10 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

heap ones and bolt weld screw power tool them on in the jacky way which works

I thought about just getting some other rails and screwing them to the case  before as well.. But I didn't like that idea all that much because 1) I have to get everything out of the server case before drilling to avoid shorting something with metal dust and 2) because it'd probably be a nightmare to get the rails off again, etc... for maintenance. Also, finding Rails for a Server that heavy roves to be quite hard.. I mean it weighs something like 30kg

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

US is pretty bad with it.  We get cheap server processors from techies then motherboards that work with them from companies run by non-techies asking too much. xD 

It's because nobody buys server rails in the first place(except companies) and the ones the company has are very very specific 

My life

Just now, fredih said:

Yeah, to me it seems like the printer market. Yo get the printer for $20, but the ink costs you hundreds of dollars.

I thought about just getting some other rails and screwing them to the case  before as well.. But I didn't like that idea all that much because 1) I have to get everything out of the server case before drilling to avoid shorting something with metal dust and 2) because it'd probably be a nightmare to get the rails off again, etc... for maintenance. Also, finding Rails for a Server that heavy roves to be quite hard.. I mean it weighs something like 30kg

Cheaper to use wood and DIY

My life

1 minute ago, fredih said:

oh I completely understand why it's a bad idea, I was just saying it was possible, it's not an issue if you use lots of duct take though you could get a shelving unit then and use that (the one I have could fit about 2 abreast and is strong enough to do that and has 5 shelf's so that's 10, you don't stack them, yes it's a problem in terms of you can't slide them out but it would work and they would be easy enough to get at to work with them

And more, several more

7 hours ago, grimreeper132 said:

oh I completely understand why it's a bad idea, I was just saying it was possible, it's not an issue if you use lots of duct take though you could get a shelving unit then and use that (the one I have could fit about 2 abreast and is strong enough to do that and has 5 shelf's so that's 10, you don't stack them, yes it's a problem in terms of you can't slide them out but it would work and they would be easy enough to get at to work with them

I'm also a little worried about setting things on fire with the DL380... I've had this issue a few times so far, where both PSU's would just randomly start getting very, very hot. I've read about it online and it seems to be a common problem with those exact PSU's, but they should still work fine sais HP.. So that's why I'm a little worried about anything that brings wood and that server closer than 10cm.

9 minutes ago, fredih said:

I'm also a little worried about setting things on fire with the DL380... I've had this issue a few times so far, where both PSU's would just randomly start getting very, very hot. I've read about it online and it seems to be a common problem with those exact PSU's, but they should still work fine sais HP.. So that's why I'm a little worried about anything that brings wood and that server closer than 10cm.

fair enough yea the one I have is a metal shelving unit rather than wood, cause yea it is so get one of them maybe??? as for duct tape etc yea fair eoungh

And more, several more