1050TI wont work

Go to solution Solved by WhyAmIHere,

Sorry, it will go back to the shelf I took it from, I'll use it for a friends build or an extra small gaming righ of my own.

Thank you for your help :)

4 hours ago, Dutch-stoner said:

If you can't get it to work, but if you can confirm the GPU works, I might have another solution: sell it for cheap to me. :P

Hi everyone, 

So I had an 1050TI laying around and I want to put it in my HTPC but I can't make it work. According to PCPartPicker the 1050TI should work with my mobo (AM1H-ITX) and my CPU (AMD Athlon 5350 APU).
Bios is up to date, all the drivers and firmware I can download are downloaded and installed, primary video output in the BIOS is PCI.
Anyone had this issue with a similar hardware config and was able to fix it or have any idea on how to fix this?

Hardware:

GC: Zotac 1050TI OC
CPU: AMD Athlon 5350

MOBO: Asrock AM1H-ITX

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 430W

Software:

P.S. Thanks in advance, and i know it's old hardware (beside GC) it's for a HTPC, not for gaming, it's for streaming, 

What exactly doesn't work?

Does it not turn on? Is it not recognized? Does the PC crash? More info pls

Is it outputting on the mobo vid output port? In other words, is your bios properly configured? Have you used an GPU before on this machine? Does your 1050ti require an 6 or 8 pin connector? (I read that some of them DO require external power...)

So here is the situation

-Onboard output works fine

-No output on GC

-GC fans are spinning

-15 minutes ago I could see the card as 'unknown material' now I just don't see it at all

-No 6 or 8 pin connectoron the card

-MOBO have one PCIe 2.0 x16 connector

12 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Is it outputting on the mobo vid output port? In other words, is your bios properly configured? Have you used an GPU before on this machine? Does your 1050ti require an 6 or 8 pin connector? (I read that some of them DO require external power...)

1 minute ago, WhyAmIHere said:

So here is the situation

-Output on onboard HDMI perfectly

-No output on HDMI

-CG fans are spinning

-15 minutes ago I could see the card as 'unknown material' now I just don't see it at all

-No 6 or 8 pin connectoron the card

-MOBO have one PCIe 2.0 x16 connector

try setting the bios to boot from your dedicated card, maybe disable the onboard gpu

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

already set the bios to boot from the dedicated GC still same issue

16 minutes ago, Changis said:

try setting the bios to boot from your dedicated card, maybe disable the onboard gpu

If you can't get it to work, but if you can confirm the GPU works, I might have another solution: sell it for cheap to me. :P

Either the GPU is just dead, or the in some cases newer cards don't work in older motherboards. And if it's the latter, there's nothing you can do, besides the obvious change the motherboard.

Sorry, it will go back to the shelf I took it from, I'll use it for a friends build or an extra small gaming righ of my own.

Thank you for your help :)

4 hours ago, Dutch-stoner said: