Power cable help

TArthur99

Hi guys! 

Do I just found a Dell SP2309W monitor in a antique shop (its strange antique shop) and she was selling it for $60, I managed to bargain her down to $40. The only catch is it does not have a power cable.

from my previous monitor knowledge I know that I have simply swapped cords with no thought of power and never had a problem as the connector is pretty universal. But I thought I would ask with this monitor seeing as it's a expensive monitor new ($330 USD).

can I just use a normal monitor power cable? ( like the cable from this monitor https://m.newegg.ca/products/1YU-00GN-00003CVF?nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA-Mobile-_-pla-_-Monitors+-+LCD+Flat+Panel-_-1YU-00GN-00003CVF&gclid=CI3htpaw4dQCFVW2wAodF3cLIQ)

5 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Send a pic of the power plug pls. 

IMG_0115.JPG

9 minutes ago, TArthur99 said:

Hi guys! 

Do I just found a Dell SP2309W monitor in a antique shop (its strange antique shop) and she was selling it for $60, I managed to bargain her down to $40. The only catch is it does not have a power cable.

from my previous monitor knowledge I know that I have simply swapped cords with no thought of power and never had a problem as the connector is pretty universal. But I thought I would ask with this monitor seeing as it's a expensive monitor new ($330 USD).

can I just use a normal monitor power cable? ( like the cable from this monitor https://m.newegg.ca/products/1YU-00GN-00003CVF?nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA-Mobile-_-pla-_-Monitors+-+LCD+Flat+Panel-_-1YU-00GN-00003CVF&gclid=CI3htpaw4dQCFVW2wAodF3cLIQ)

If it's the same shape receptacle it's the same cable. The standard computer power cables are IEC standards and so they are all built to the same electrical requirements.

Just now, Glenwing said:

If it's the same shape receptacle it's the same cable. The standard computer power cables are IEC standards and so they all follow the exact same specification without variation.

Alright! Thanks for the quick reply @Glenwing 

3 hours ago, TArthur99 said:

IMG_0115.JPG

Yep. Any power cable that has that same connector will work.