Question about dual monitor setup

Phantonex

I got a dual monitor setup. I have this problem where whenever I click on my second monitor while having a game open on my first monitor the game will minimize. I know that it only happens in fullscreen, but I want to keep it in fullscreen. I currently use the program Dual Monitor Tools so if anybody could tell me how to fix it with that program that would be great. Also, I used to use Actual Multiple Monitors but my free trial ran out and I don't want to pay. So if somebody could tell me how to fix this in Dual Monitor Tools, or a different program, that would be great. IF you recommend a different program, that program must also have a way to lock the cursor in one monitor. Thanks in advance!

A lot of games have the "Fullscreen windowed" setting, which allows you to click outside the main screen if you open up the pause menu or Community in Steam.

Main

CPU: i7 4790 Ram: HyperX Savage 24GB DDR3 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 MOBO: Asus B85 Pro Gamer SSDs: HyperX Fury 120gb, Corsair Force LX 128gb HDDs: Seagate SSHD 1tb + 1tb seagate HDD CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Pure Rock PSU: Corsair RM650x Case: Fractal Design Define C window Case fans: 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Ed. 140mm intake, 1x Corsair AF120 Quiet Ed. 120mm exhaust

Peripherals

Monitors: 2x Asus VN247H Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headset: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Mousepad: Steelseries QcK, Corsair MM300 XXL Cables: Corsair Premium Pro Red Sleeved Lighting: Corsair Node Pro

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

CPU: Core i3 7100u Ram: 8gb DDR4 SSD: 256gb Sandisk X4 Pro Screen: 13.3" TN 

Asus E403SA

CPU: Pentium N3700 Quad Core Ram: 4gb DDR3 SSD: 128gb eMMC Screen: 14" 1080p TN

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

PSU Tier List Updated    Personal Steam Account   

2 minutes ago, pelark said:

A lot of games have the "Fullscreen windowed" setting, which allows you to click outside the main screen if you open up the pause menu or Community in Steam.

It worked, but then I can't change my in game resolution. How can I do it and have the ability to change in game resolution?

Just now, Phantonex said:

It worked, but then I can't change my in game resolution. How can I do it and have the ability to change in game resolution?

Which game?

It'll usually default to the monitors native res 

Main

CPU: i7 4790 Ram: HyperX Savage 24GB DDR3 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 MOBO: Asus B85 Pro Gamer SSDs: HyperX Fury 120gb, Corsair Force LX 128gb HDDs: Seagate SSHD 1tb + 1tb seagate HDD CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Pure Rock PSU: Corsair RM650x Case: Fractal Design Define C window Case fans: 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Ed. 140mm intake, 1x Corsair AF120 Quiet Ed. 120mm exhaust

Peripherals

Monitors: 2x Asus VN247H Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headset: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Mousepad: Steelseries QcK, Corsair MM300 XXL Cables: Corsair Premium Pro Red Sleeved Lighting: Corsair Node Pro

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

Asus E403SA

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

2 minutes ago, pelark said:

Which game?

It'll usually default to the monitors native res 

CS:GO, usually my in game resolution is different than my native resolution.

Just now, Phantonex said:

I have that same problem, I'm running 4:3 stretched and I can't use fullscreen windowed while doing so. 

Main

Peripherals

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

Asus E403SA

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

1 minute ago, Phantonex said:

pretty sure there is no way to do that without using fullscreen. duknow about software but its either fullscreen or windowed if you want to change res

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

pretty sure there is no way to do that without using fullscreen. duknow about software but its either fullscreen or windowed if you want to change res

So is there anyway to play fullscreen and prevent the minimizing?

4 minutes ago, Phantonex said:

So is there anyway to play fullscreen and prevent the minimizing?

borderless windowed mode is the only way i know of.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

borderless windowed mode is the only way i know of.

Yeah, I need to be able to change in game resolution so that doesn't work for me. Thanks for the help anyways.