expensive v.s. cheap 4k camera

Go to solution Solved by AkiraDaarkst,
24 minutes ago, natsuu said:

Hey guys just wondering what the difference between a cheap 4k camera and an expensive 4k camera such as a Sony - Handycam AX53 4K Flash Memory Camcorder - Black V.S. a Canon 5d mark 4 or black magic Ursa Mini 

Screenshot (63).png

It's all a matter of these factors:

• convenience
  • features built in
  • what the camera is capable of doing
  • cost

For example, if you want to be doing a home video of your niece's 5th birthday party you'll probably be better off using something like the AX53 because it's small, compact, light weigh, and everything you will likely need will be built in.

If you go the route of using something like a Canon 5D mk IV for filming, you will need to add accessories:

• lenses
  • external audio recorders or preamps, mics
  • camera rig
  • lens control system

And if you choose to get something like an Ursa Mini, you will be paying more to have the advantage of a large sensor (like a DSLR), to have higher quality preamps built in (better than camcorders).  You may need to buy fewer accessories than with a DSLR (though the accessories you may need to buy can be more expensive too), you are getting a more or less all-in-one box that's like a camcorder but scaled up and better.

It all ends up being a matter of what you want to do with the camera system and how much you are willing to spend.  For example, I work with cameras so I would find investing in a $10,000.00 system to be worth it and necessary rather than buying a $1,000.00 camcorder.  But I would not take that camera system to film my niece's birthday party.

Hey guys just wondering what the difference between a cheap 4k camera and an expensive 4k camera such as a Sony - Handycam AX53 4K Flash Memory Camcorder - Black V.S. a Canon 5d mark 4 or black magic Ursa Mini 

Screenshot (63).png

24 minutes ago, natsuu said:

Screenshot (63).png

It's all a matter of these factors:

• convenience
  • features built in
  • what the camera is capable of doing
  • cost

For example, if you want to be doing a home video of your niece's 5th birthday party you'll probably be better off using something like the AX53 because it's small, compact, light weigh, and everything you will likely need will be built in.

If you go the route of using something like a Canon 5D mk IV for filming, you will need to add accessories:

• lenses
  • external audio recorders or preamps, mics
  • camera rig
  • lens control system

And if you choose to get something like an Ursa Mini, you will be paying more to have the advantage of a large sensor (like a DSLR), to have higher quality preamps built in (better than camcorders).  You may need to buy fewer accessories than with a DSLR (though the accessories you may need to buy can be more expensive too), you are getting a more or less all-in-one box that's like a camcorder but scaled up and better.

It all ends up being a matter of what you want to do with the camera system and how much you are willing to spend.  For example, I work with cameras so I would find investing in a $10,000.00 system to be worth it and necessary rather than buying a $1,000.00 camcorder.  But I would not take that camera system to film my niece's birthday party.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins