FloatPlane Payment Option

kenbo3667

Would you Buy an annual FloatPlane membership now for $36.00 as a one time cost per year?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you Buy an annual FloatPlane membership now for $36.00 as a one time cost per year?

• Yes. Later on after more development to the platform
    • Yes. Tomorrow
    • Yes; but for a lower annualized cost.
    • Yes... Even for a higher price to avoid monthly billing and PayPal Re-fill hassles.
    • Maybe or Depends on other factors.
    • No.

My idea is for LTT to sell Sell annual FloatPlaneClub memberships via Amazon... It can be an authorization code that we would buy and have in our Account Settings in the forum. You would need a quick way to check that against a small database on sold codes or something; but annual; memberships would also reduce your transaction costs... And selling on Amazon would make the whole PayPal set yup thing a non issue for many more people... No way to pay is the reason I am not on it, as I don't use PayPal.

What benefit would this provide other Payment Gateways do exist such as Brain Tree

Also you can already buy 1 year at a time.

What they need is more payment options, not selling their service on Amazon. All most, if not all, people need is Paypal, Debit/Credit, and maybe Bitcoin. The basic three options.

Selling it through Amazon is a whole other fiasco. Imagine if Netflix sold their service through Amazon rather than independently...

1. It wouldn't seem as professional

2. Selling through Amazon doesn't guarantee financial security

3. You don't want a middle man to make you your money when you're your own company. With their own website with their own payment plans, it's direct, no questions asked and they have complete control over everything.

Overall it's just not worth it

PCPARTPICKER

Spoiler

i7-6700K @ 4.0GHz CPU / Corsair H100i v2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler / Asus Maximus VIII Hero Mobo / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @ 2300MHz RAM / Kingston V300 120GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256 SSD (Boot), WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seagate Constellation 1TB HDD / EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti FTW3 ICX GPU / DIYPC Skyline-07-R / Corsair RM 1000W 80+ Gold (overkill)

3 minutes ago, Masqurade99 said:

What they need is more payment options, not selling their service on Amazon. All most, if not all, people need is Paypal, Debit/Credit, and maybe Bitcoin. The basic three options.

Yeah as said on the WAN Show all you have mentioned is coming just not to this iteration when Float Plane Club Gets its own site then it will. 

I may have Misunderstood.  I thought they only accepted FloatPlane  payments monthly or annual thru Paypal.  And All I am talking about is making use of being a seller on Amazon to quickly sell annual memberships to those w.o. PayPal.  It seems like it would get past that hurdles fairly easily at least while they set up the other options; and then hopefully they decide to keep it as an option.

26 minutes ago, kenbo3667 said:

I may have Misunderstood.  I thought they only accepted FloatPlane  payments monthly or annual thru Paypal.  And All I am talking about is making use of being a seller on Amazon to quickly sell annual memberships to those w.o. PayPal.  It seems like it would get past that hurdles fairly easily at least while they set up the other options; and then hopefully they decide to keep it as an option.

It would be easier to add another Payment Gateway than sell it on Amazon.

1 hour ago, kenbo3667 said:

More payment options are coming with full site. Thats confirmed. We are still at alpha phase of whole thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv