1700 vs 1700x vs i7 7700 for Photoshop/Premiere

My friend runs a real estate photography business and is looking to replace his ageing system with a new rig. All his email and business related happenings occur on a separate computer so this one is exclusively for productivity in adobe applications.
He mostly does photo editing but has recently started doing videos for houses too, but only 1080p with minimal effects so nothing too extravagant. I'm tossing up on the processor, as I have seen the new ryzen cpus out perform the i7 in premiere in a lot of cases, but the i7 would be better suited to photoshop since that application doesn't make much use of multiple cores.
Would even getting the 1700 and overclocking it be an option? I've seen it can be easily done with the stock cooler.
But would the i7 7700 be a safer bet? I'm certain it can handle 1080p video editing with no problems and would be a bit faster with single-threaded tasks.

3 minutes ago, SlimTimSnail said:

My friend runs a real estate photography business and is looking to replace his ageing system with a new rig. All his email and business related happenings occur on a separate computer so this one is exclusively for productivity in adobe applications.
He mostly does photo editing but has recently started doing videos for houses too, but only 1080p with minimal effects so nothing too extravagant. I'm tossing up on the processor, as I have seen the new ryzen cpus out perform the i7 in premiere in a lot of cases, but the i7 would be better suited to photoshop since that application doesn't make much use of multiple cores.
Would even getting the 1700 and overclocking it be an option? I've seen it can be easily done with the stock cooler.
But would the i7 7700 be a safer bet? I'm certain it can handle 1080p video editing with no problems and would be a bit faster with single-threaded tasks.

I'd say which ever is cheaper if it's a light workload you're talking about.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Get the Ryzen 1700. It's the same price as the 7700, and has double the cores and threads. The 7700 will be good for 1080p editing, but the Ryzen will perform significantly better. Think about it, the 7700 has 4 cores, 8 threads, the 1700 has 8 cores, 16 threads with slightly lower IPC. 

Yeah I totally get that! I think I'm getting hung up on the Photoshop aspect because supposedly it is faster on the i7. But if I over clock the 1700 a tad, should I be able to get similar single-thread performance out of it?