Amazon Fire TV vs Steam Link

For streaming video through Plex and other streaming sites, which streaming box works better? I'm already leaning towards the Link for the $15 price tag and game streaming but I wanted to know the video streaming performance.

9 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

For streaming video through Plex and other streaming sites, which streaming box works better? I'm already leaning towards the Link for the $15 price tag and game streaming but I wanted to know the video streaming performance.

these products are completely different one the steam link just mirrors your computer screen pretty much. while the fire tv is essentially a stand alone computer if you want to have some one watch a movie as you play games fire tv. (unless there's some new way to use the steam link as its own entity)

Uhh... The SteamLink doesn't stream anything except for Steam, period.  That's literally the ONLY thing it does.

I mean I guess you could run Plex (or anything ELSE) on your PC and have the SteamLink then stream the PC's streaming... But that'd be stupid. o.O

steam link wont do what you want it to. a better comparison would be amazon fire vs roku.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

On 22/06/2017 at 4:42 PM, mathmeister said:

You should be comparing Streaming boxes, such as:

Roku 3/4K/4K Pro

Amazon FireTV

ChromeCast

Android boxes, etc

I personally have a Roku 4K Premiere and I quite like it. Works well, has lots of apps, plays Plex fairly well, and is relatively cheap. Get the Roku 3 if you don't mind a slightly slower interface and no 4K capability. I got the Roku 4K because the interface (GUI) is more responsive, and I'll eventually jump to 4K.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)