Canon A2300 DSLR to RCA Viking PRO

Hey guys, its me again. Today I'm looking into using my RCA Viking PRO tablet as a field monitor/ DSLR controller for my Canon A2300 camera (I know, not the best options on both sides). But being a Youtube creator, I'm hoping to create better content for my channel with what I have. I have looked for guides/ apps to do so and it looks like my hardware options are just not supported on either/ both fronts. Just wanted to see if anyone has any insight in the matter before I give up on this endeavor all together. Thanks for the help all the same!

17 hours ago, jhogan93 said:

Hey guys, its me again. Today I'm looking into using my RCA Viking PRO tablet as a field monitor/ DSLR controller for my Canon A2300 camera (I know, not the best options on both sides). But being a Youtube creator, I'm hoping to create better content for my channel with what I have. I have looked for guides/ apps to do so and it looks like my hardware options are just not supported on either/ both fronts. Just wanted to see if anyone has any insight in the matter before I give up on this endeavor all together. Thanks for the help all the same!

The A2300 sounds like a PnS compact camera, not a DSLR.  Does it even have hdmi out for connecting an external monitor, or some sort of USB video signal support?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Yeah it only has usb mini, which only looks like it does file transfer and not live video. A friend of mine gave me the idea to use it with my tabelt since it has a usb port. But as everything else I pretty much own, its not up to par.

I sadly doubt you will get video out from the USB. There is usally a HDMI out if the camera supports things like these. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"