Water cooling help needed

Hi guys,

I'm looking to build a Ryzen system soon. I plan to use EK's new A240 water cooling kit (https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240) for my build. I'm super set on using Corsair's 460x RGB case for both looks and performance (not that it matters). I'm just confused on where to put my reservoir-pump combo. All the pictures I've seen are at the bottom removing the drive cage and shroud. Now, this poses a problem for me. If I put it there, where will I mount the drive cage or drives? There is an SSD caddy at the back of the case but I plan to have a HDD for mass storage. Any help is greatly appreciated.  

It says that it comes with a uni pump bracket which should allow you to mount it on any 120mm fan or empty fan spot. So you could mount it on one of your rad fans or your exhaust fan. Also keep in mind that your res most likely will be horizontally mounted so you'll need to put your comp on it's back or front to fill the res. 

What i did in my build is I drilled some holes and mounted it on the case wall

My life

I have the 400c (same case without the tempered glass) and I have the shroud on with a 250ml res and pump mounted horizontally. I'll see if I can get pictures. Also, just letting you know, I have a 240 slim rad on top and fans in push config, and it is BARELY clearing my Corsair Vengeance LPX ram. So any higher profile RAM would interfere.

13 hours ago, FieldGenEJ said:

I have the 400c (same case without the tempered glass) and I have the shroud on with a 250ml res and pump mounted horizontally. I'll see if I can get pictures. Also, just letting you know, I have a 240 slim rad on top and fans in push config, and it is BARELY clearing my Corsair Vengeance LPX ram. So any higher profile RAM would interfere.

Pics would be amazing, thank you. I originally planned to use a H100i V2 but seeing the A240 from EK made me want to try a custom loop since it was designed for beginners. 

20 hours ago, Himommies said:

What i did in my build is I drilled some holes and mounted it on the case wall

Yeah, that wouldn't be a problem but I am hoping to avoid drilling as much as I can. I'll probably save that as my last option.

The kit does not include any side mount. It only has the base mount included.