AF Fans on the front mesh??

KillerGirl

Ok so right now am looking into using a corsair obsidian 450d mid tower case, and i see that the case comes with two AF fans in the front, now would those two be ok to keep and use, or should i either upgrade, or change them to sp fans?

there is no real reason to get SP fans as casefans, you dont need massive pressure, just airflow.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

You should keep them unless you want very quiet fans, don't get SP fans as you won't see any improvements.

Main

CPU: i7 4790 Ram: HyperX Savage 24GB DDR3 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 MOBO: Asus B85 Pro Gamer SSDs: HyperX Fury 120gb, Corsair Force LX 128gb HDDs: Seagate SSHD 1tb + 1tb seagate HDD CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Pure Rock PSU: Corsair RM650x Case: Fractal Design Define C window Case fans: 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Ed. 140mm intake, 1x Corsair AF120 Quiet Ed. 120mm exhaust

Peripherals

Monitors: 2x Asus VN247H Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headset: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Mousepad: Steelseries QcK, Corsair MM300 XXL Cables: Corsair Premium Pro Red Sleeved Lighting: Corsair Node Pro

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

CPU: Core i3 7100u Ram: 8gb DDR4 SSD: 256gb Sandisk X4 Pro Screen: 13.3" TN 

Asus E403SA

CPU: Pentium N3700 Quad Core Ram: 4gb DDR3 SSD: 128gb eMMC Screen: 14" 1080p TN

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

PSU Tier List Updated    Personal Steam Account   

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

there is no real reason to get SP fans as casefans, you dont need massive pressure, just airflow.

only on rads than 

Just now, KillerGirl said:

only on rads than 

Only on rads and heatsinks

Main

CPU: i7 4790 Ram: HyperX Savage 24GB DDR3 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 MOBO: Asus B85 Pro Gamer SSDs: HyperX Fury 120gb, Corsair Force LX 128gb HDDs: Seagate SSHD 1tb + 1tb seagate HDD CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Pure Rock PSU: Corsair RM650x Case: Fractal Design Define C window Case fans: 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Ed. 140mm intake, 1x Corsair AF120 Quiet Ed. 120mm exhaust

Peripherals

Monitors: 2x Asus VN247H Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headset: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Mousepad: Steelseries QcK, Corsair MM300 XXL Cables: Corsair Premium Pro Red Sleeved Lighting: Corsair Node Pro

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

CPU: Core i3 7100u Ram: 8gb DDR4 SSD: 256gb Sandisk X4 Pro Screen: 13.3" TN 

Asus E403SA

CPU: Pentium N3700 Quad Core Ram: 4gb DDR3 SSD: 128gb eMMC Screen: 14" 1080p TN

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

PSU Tier List Updated    Personal Steam Account   

only on rads than 

yep, thats where SP fans make sense seeing as they are hard to push air through :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

ok thanks than guys, now i gotta find the fans to fit a ryzen orange theme yay :DxD

The reason people recommend SP fans is just because they are more versatile, if you already have AF fans, then great, use those fans for wherever they do their job the best.

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yep, thats where SP fans make sense seeing as they are hard to push air through :) 

got any ideas on what i should do for fan set up on that case @.@ ive already decided to change the cpu cooler from a x52 to a x42 and use that on the rear fan port

got any ideas on what i should do for fan set up on that case @.@ ive already decided to change the cpu cooler from a x52 to a x42 and use that on the rear fan port

well if the case comes with two intake fans just keep those and you are good, case fans dont really help much with temps unless you have passive heatsinks so i dont care all too much for fans beyond how they look in the case but to keep the most dust out you want more intake then exhaust to keep positive airpressure

Builds:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, KillerGirl said:

only on rads than 

What's considered a static pressure fan is arbitrary and depend on other fans available. All fans have some static pressure and airflow and designs optimized for static pressure will often sacrifice airflow and vice-versa. The optimal fan is one with as much airflow as possible and enough static pressure for where it's being used.

9 hours ago, KillerGirl said:

What are your specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

56 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What's considered a static pressure fan is arbitrary and depend on other fans available. All fans have some static pressure and airflow and designs optimized for static pressure will often sacrifice airflow and vice-versa. The optimal fan is one with as much airflow as possible and enough static pressure for where it's being used.

What are your specs?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LV483F

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your specs?

so far what am thinking is using the rad on the rear , i will need 1 sp fan for that too push exhaust air out, and than i will use the top as exhaust and than the front i think i might need 1 sp fan for infront of the drive cages on that case, and its trouble some because i want to do orange rgb , or no rgb, and idk what to do ,lol because i want atleast rgb in the front, but i only need like 1 af fan and 1 sp fan, and idk what to buy since orange has to be rgb

The other day I was looking into RGB fans for fun and found that there are several that have a wide variety of colors.

corsair hd 120/140 fans seem to cover orange. They're not cheap enough for me to use but they still seem worth it. 

You might also want to take a look at corsair sp120/140 im not sure how different they look color wise or if they can even cover orange like the HD ones.

the HD ones don't look to have an af/sp specific version but maybe I just missed that.

good luck with finding fans the fit your build! Hopefully we'll get to see it all finished!

2 hours ago, KillerGirl said:

so far what am thinking is using the rad on the rear , i will need 1 sp fan for that too push exhaust air out, and than i will use the top as exhaust and than the front i think i might need 1 sp fan for infront of the drive cages on that case, and its trouble some because i want to do orange rgb , or no rgb, and idk what to do ,lol because i want atleast rgb in the front, but i only need like 1 af fan and 1 sp fan, and idk what to buy since orange has to be rgb

What are your specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, KillerGirl said:

Keeping the stock case fans as is and having the rad at the top for exhaust would work. Why are you looking to get the Kraken in particular? The pricing is pretty high for a 140mm rad.

i like the cpu cooler design lol

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Keeping the stock case fans as is and having the rad at the top for exhaust would work. Why are you looking to get the Kraken in particular? The pricing is pretty high for a 140mm rad.