Computer Parts and Components

Henry Sze

Hello. I know this may seem pathetic but I really want to learn about computers. I have a passion for gaming and would like to start building my own custom PC. However I am not really familiar with all of the technical information on computer parts. For example I don't even know how to get the internet on the PC after building it, do I need to buy a wireless drive or Ethernet drive (don't even know what I'm talking about). I know some basic stuff like the parts and whatnot but I really want to learn and get deeper into the parts like how they work or how I could start/boot the PC up after asking the parts. Any links or videos about computer parts and startup after the assembly of the parts would be appreciated. I'm asking you guys because I always watch Linus tech tips videos and I'm just fascinated on his intelligence if computers and how I can someday know as much as he does in computers.

Do you have a computer? You can compare other hardware with what you have. You can start off by learning about processors.

You can watch on Youtube PC Building videos so you can have knowledge on how to build one. Once you've done that, look into every single part, its usage and application. After that, if you're curious about anything PC, let curiosity guide your way into PC Masterrace! (That's basically how I learnt everything about PC and gaming. :) Have a good day!

Just watch loads of episodes of TechQuickie and watch more PC gaming based channels and pick it up as you go along.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

9 hours ago, Henry Sze said:

Hello. I know this may seem pathetic but I really want to learn about computers. I have a passion for gaming and would like to start building my own custom PC. However I am not really familiar with all of the technical information on computer parts. For example I don't even know how to get the internet on the PC after building it, do I need to buy a wireless drive or Ethernet drive (don't even know what I'm talking about). I know some basic stuff like the parts and whatnot but I really want to learn and get deeper into the parts like how they work or how I could start/boot the PC up after asking the parts. Any links or videos about computer parts and startup after the assembly of the parts would be appreciated. I'm asking you guys because I always watch Linus tech tips videos and I'm just fascinated on his intelligence if computers and how I can someday know as much as he does in computers.

This is Linus reviewing the card that I like

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol