Nickey Hayden dies after being hit by a car while biking

nekomata

http://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/39972058

Though I'm not a fan of MotoGP, it's still very sad to hear that someone died on a bike. As cyclist myself, this makes a me teensy bit more anxious going out on the road cause the drivers here are lunatics. I hope none of you would end up in the same state as him

Motorcyclists and Bicyclists die all the time.

Nicholas "Nicky" Patrick Hayden (July 30, 1981 – May 22, 2017), nicknamed The Kentucky Kid, was an American professional motorcycle racer who won the MotoGP World Championship in 2006.

Shit happens, motorcyclists have a very high rate of serious injury. I hope he wasnt doing anything stupid, them pro drivers generally dont.

Well now this peaks my interest. I thought it was a motorcycle, but no no he died from riding his bicycle.

I would love to see camera footgage, as the driver can say anything he wants to save his ass.

On May 17, 2017, Hayden was hit by a car while riding his bicycle near Rimini, Italy.[41] The crash occurred at the intersection of Via Ca' Raffaelli and Via Tavoleto in Misano Adriatico. Hayden was traveling west on Via Ca' Raffaelli when he was struck by a car as he entered the street to cross Via Tavoleto. The driver of the car stated that he was on his way to work when Hayden passed through a stop sign and suddenly appeared in front of him. He was unable to avoid a collision.[42] The speed of the driver is not yet known but the impact of Hayden slamming into the windshield was strong enough to completely shatter it and dent down the roof of the car. Hayden's bicycle was found in the nearby ditch with its frame snapped in half.[43] According to Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport a security camera recorded the crash, displaying Hayden apparently not halting at a stop sign and possibly distracted by his iPod.[44]

Hayden was taken to Rimini hospital with severe injuries. At 18:00, four hours after the accident, Rimini hospital staff announced that he had been moved to the major trauma unit at the Maurizio Bufalini Hospital in Cesena for possible surgery. It was widely reported by mainstream media that Hayden was put into a medically-induced coma for surgery, which is not the case according to Hayden's father Earl. "Nicky was never placed into a coma nor has he received any surgery as his condition is too severe to operate."[45] Hayden sustained a traumatic brain injury as well as a broken femur, broken pelvis, and multiple fractured vertebrae.[46] Five days after the accident, Hayden died in the hospital on May 22, 2017.[47][48]

8 minutes ago, yathis said:

Motorcyclists and Bicyclists die all the time.

Shit happens, motorcyclists have a very high rate of serious injury. I hope he wasnt doing anything stupid, them pro drivers generally dont.

He wasnt racing, he was riding his bicycle, he was ran over on his bike, the pedal kind, non motored.

17 hours ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

He wasnt racing, he was riding his bicycle, he was ran over on his bike, the pedal kind, non motored.

Actually I skimmed over the article to get more details, because he was on a bicycle, and I ride bicycles.

He blew a stop sign and had ear phones on. They said it was on camera.

Aint no loss to society. Lets move on.

I am not that stupid to not pay attention while riding a bicycle DoctorWho1975

8 hours ago, yathis said:

Actually I skimmed over the article to get more details, because he was on a bicycle, and I ride bicycles.

He blew a stop sign and had ear phones on. They said it was on camera.

Aint no loss to society. Lets move on.

That is one of the stupidest comments I've ever seen.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red