Windows 10 Pro CD Key

Is buying Windows CD Key from Ebay okay? some of the sellers have sold over 1k of keys, are they trusted?

I use Kinguin.net and never had a problem with win7 or 10 keys from sellers with over 10,000 sales 

Difficult to say as I don't know Microsoft's policy on this, but generally key sales are sketchy if they are cheaper than what you'd normally pay.

Bought my key on the cheapest place I could find, paid €6,50 and worked just fine.
But remember Muyrphy's Law, Shit Happens.

Started Folding@Home on 02-05-2015

3 minutes ago, nzjacob said:

I use Kinguin.net and never had a problem with win7 or 10 keys from sellers with over 10,000 sales 

Same, bought mine last week and it works perfectly. 

In Ebay there are keys that are only $5 and bellow and they have sold more than 5k, are they trusted? better than using cracked version of Windows?

You'd probably be better off just installing windows 10 and not providing a product key during installation (microsoft haven't put that many limits into unactivated installations which includes not blocking access to the OS after a set period of time) rather then buying a cheap key from eBay since it's more then likely that the keys weren't meant to be sold to the public and are more likely to be blocked by microsoft in the future.

It's a buyer beware situation. The key is more then likely a valid key, but it's being sold in a way that violates it's license. I took this chance with a key for office, and I know fully well if MS blocks it, it's on me.

8 hours ago, demonix00 said:

You'd probably be better off just installing windows 10 and not providing a product key during installation (microsoft haven't put that many limits into unactivated installations which includes not blocking access to the OS after a set period of time) rather then buying a cheap key from eBay since it's more then likely that the keys weren't meant to be sold to the public and are more likely to be blocked by microsoft in the future.

Which is better then?
Using the CD Key from Ebay or just using a cracked OS?

3 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

Which is better then?
Using the CD Key from Ebay or just using a cracked OS?

CD Key for sure. Just buy one off kinguin or something, mine works perfectly and i know friends who have bought theirs on kinguin as well and are running fine for years. 

7 hours ago, linkboy said:

It's a buyer beware situation. The key is more then likely a valid key, but it's being sold in a way that violates it's license. I took this chance with a key for office, and I know fully well if MS blocks it, it's on me.

The seller has sold 5,820 keys though

1 hour ago, Tenma White said:

The seller has sold 5,820 keys though

It's ultimately up to Microsoft if they want to invalidate a key or not, just because they've sold 5,000 plus keys doesn't change that.

It's a risk you have to ask yourself if you're willing to take, that's all. As I said, the keys are more then likey legit, valid keys. However, for example, if they're OEM keys and they're being sold in a way that violates the OEM license for that key, Microsoft is well within their right to invalidate that key.

The decision is ultimately up to you. Is it a risk that you're willing to take.

14 hours ago, Tenma White said:

Found this in the product description...

WINDOWS 10 PRO LICENSE KEY 

YOU WILL GET A FAULTY MOTHERBOARD THAT COMES WITH THE OEM KEY AS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH EBAY POLICY OF OEM SOFTWARE. MORE INFO AFTER PAYMENT (additional shipping charges may apply)

Obviously dodgy and not legal.

5 hours ago, demonix00 said:

Found this in the product description...

Obviously dodgy and not legal.

Well since I already bought one might as well use it and not find a cracked version right?

17 hours ago, linkboy said:

It's ultimately up to Microsoft if they want to invalidate a key or not, just because they've sold 5,000 plus keys doesn't change that.

It's a risk you have to ask yourself if you're willing to take, that's all. As I said, the keys are more then likey legit, valid keys. However, for example, if they're OEM keys and they're being sold in a way that violates the OEM license for that key, Microsoft is well within their right to invalidate that key.

The decision is ultimately up to you. Is it a risk that you're willing to take.

If it gets invalidated can I still use my PC? I might be able to get a legit copy next year. So for example it gets violated next month can I just let it sit there and wait for next year?

Just now, Tenma White said:

If it gets invalidated can I still use my PC? I might be able to get a legit copy next year. So for example it gets violated next month can I just let it sit there and wait for next year?

Yes, you'll still be able to use your computer. At worst, you won't be able to change your wallpaper (or anything in the personalization tab), there will be a watermark in the bottom right of your screen, and Windows will nag you about activating it.

Other then that, it'll work exactly the same as a licensed one.

1 minute ago, linkboy said:

Yes, you'll still be able to use your computer. At worst, you won't be able to change your wallpaper (or anything in the personalization tab), there will be a watermark in the bottom right of your screen, and Windows will nag you about activating it.

Other then that, it'll work exactly the same as a licensed one.

It will work forever? not just 30 days or something?

It will work forever? not just 30 days or something?

Forever.

Windows is a service now (in addition to an OS), and MS wants as many people on 10 as they can get (more people to market things to). They'd rather have someone running an unlicensed copy of 10 then not run it at all.

1 minute ago, linkboy said:

Forever.

Windows is a service now (in addition to an OS), and MS wants as many people on 10 as they can get (more people to market things to). They'd rather have someone running an unlicensed copy of 10 then not run it at all.

Thank you very much :) 

16 minutes ago, linkboy said:

Forever.

actually 1 more thing. Someone said in another post that if my Key gets revoked or something I just can't simply change the key to a new one. He said I have to call Microsoft or something via Skype. Is that true?

actually 1 more thing. Someone said in another post that if my Key gets revoked or something I just can't simply change the key to a new one. He said I have to call Microsoft or something via Skype. Is that true?

I saw that post. I'm not sure, as I haven't had to call MS to activate a Windows install. 

5 minutes ago, linkboy said:

I saw that post. I'm not sure, as I haven't had to call MS to activate a Windows install. 

Okay thanks. Someone also said that they OEM Key will get saved to the motherboard, does that mean that if the key gets revoked I can't use another CD Key or something? do I have to change my Motherboard? I dont get it 

1 minute ago, Tenma White said:

Okay thanks. Someone also said that they OEM Key will get saved to the motherboard, does that mean that if the key gets revoked I can't use another CD Key or something? do I have to change my Motherboard? I dont get it 

OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) keys get registered to the computer that they're installed to. If the key were to get revoked, then that particular key is no longer valid, but you'll be able to use another one.

I can use as many keys as I want in the same motherboard or something? there is no limit?