Entry level 144hz monitor for csgo?

spiralfuzion

I've been playing on a 60hz monitor overclocked to 75hz and with that boost alone 60hz feels almost choppy. I decided to move to 144hz and want a decent entry level monitor for playing csgo. I saw this one at a decent price. https://www.amazon.com/Asus-VG248QE-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0/?tag=amazon0606-20     Any other suggestions?

1 minute ago, spiralfuzion said:

I've been playing on a 60hz monitor overclocked to 75hz and with that boost alone 60hz feels almost choppy. I decided to move to 144hz and want a decent entry level monitor for playing csgo. I saw this one at a decent price. https://www.amazon.com/Asus-VG248QE-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0/?tag=amazon0606-20     Any other suggestions?

It's fine but a bit dated at this point. There are newer options for the same price:

https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-XG2401-FreeSync-Monitor-DisplayPort/dp/B01A0ZRR50/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495406101&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=xg2401&psc=1

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Yay everything and free sync. I have my csgo rig with an rx480 8gb so this should be a great option.  

5 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

That one has been reported several times of having brightness issues and having bad coloring. I would get the ViewSonic.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Just now, Eibe said:

That one has been reported several times of having brightness issues and having bad coloring. I would get the ViewSonic.

thanks for the tip! I'll put Viewsonic on the top of my list.

At this point the GN246HL and the VG248QE are outdated (Also have a problem with PWM dimming), Grab a Viewsonic XG2401, or a XF240h, Colors out of the box on the 240h isn't as great as the XG2401 though but I think it goes on sale for as cheap as a GN246HL

Wouldn't touch the MG248Q either.

You can also grab Refurbrished XG2401's from Viewsonic's website for $199, I beleive it comes with warranty and everything.