2016 christmas build

fakebitch

Hello LinusTechTips community! In the 2016 christmas build, I decided to order the 2000$ build (With an upgrade to the case). The Noctua NH-D14 dual fan screws do not go all the way through the base to mount the fan on top of the cpu  fit with the LGA2011 motherboard recommended. I'm really starting to worry, and came here for help. Any suggestions?

can you attach a picture? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

it should fit fine.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

The screws are just too big to fit into the holes.

It looks like you're trying to use the 115x backplate with a 2011 board. The motherboard already comes with a backplate and you're supposed to use the mounting hardware for 2011. If your NH-D14 didn't come with it, it's probably because you ordered the normal NH-D14 which doesn't come with mounting hardware for the 2011 socket instead of the NH-D14 SE2011. If that's the case, you can contact Noctua and order the correct mounting kit.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

idk what went wrong because I followed the linus link

55 minutes ago, fakebitch said:

If you're referring to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLfUkjUaSdM, the amazon link to the NH-D14 only shows relevant search results and not a single product. Scrolling down will get you to the SE2011. In either case, that's what you should've gotten for this socket.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

11 hours ago, fakebitch said:

There's the problem. When looking at build guide, you should always take them as advice rather than absolute way to do things. If you bother to do some own research, even just the bid where you check that cooler is compatible with mobo and case, you have much less issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv