Placed a jumper in the mobo power pins. Won't Switch ON now (Ground and power).

Mobo = Asus x370 Prime Pro BIOS version 0511 (It is said to work with Ryzen )

Processor = Ryzen 1700x

Ram = Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 8x2 C15 3000Mhz

GPU= Asus Strix 1060 OC

PSU = Antec Edge 750

First of all, I forgot to attach the CPU power Pins and i started the mobo by touching a screw driver on the Power and Ground pins.

Everything was glowing but no display. (I thought it was a BIOS problem as x370 is known to be notorious with Ryzen but the BIOS version is 0511)

After half and hour I inserted the jumper in the Ground and power pin while the PSU was ON. From that moment onward the mobo isn't ready the start.

The leds on the mobo won't glow either.

Tried installing the ram in different slots but its worthless when the mobo refuses to start.

Now when I realized about the CPU pins, I plugged in the CPU 8 pin power cord but still the mobo acts like it is dead.

Is it really dead?

Need help please.

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

Well if its not posting, your mobo might be fried.

It wasn't posting from the first moment when I assembled everything. No POST no BIOS

Also the mobo has no source to know if there are any errors.

I tried attaching a speaker to the 4 pins but now it just doesn't switch on.

Permanently (Jumper in my case) shorting the switch on the motherboard would be like holding the power-button indefinitely right? (Jumper was there just for a few seconds before I turned the PSU off)

:/

Just now, zerocool1431 said:

It wasn't posting from the first moment when I assembled everything. No POST no BIOS

Permanently (Jumper in my case) shorting the switch on the motherboard would be like holding the power-button indefinitely right? (Jumper was there just for a few seconds before I turned the PSU off)

You know how power works, right? It's not like setting something on fire and putting it out fast enough will save it, if it's done, it's done.

Thing is, you don't need a jumper on the pins for the power SWITCH, as the actual switch is a Momentary Contact Switch (aka: only let power flow between pins whilst circuit is completed by pressing the button).

Putting that jumper on the pins is basically telling the mobo "I am holding down the power button infinitely" until the jumper is removed. Motherboards don't exactly like a "infinite button press" signal...

2 minutes ago, Sack said:

You know how power works, right? It's not like setting something on fire and putting it out fast enough will save it, if it's done, it's done.

1 minute ago, Technous285 said:

Thing is, you don't need a jumper on the pins for the power SWITCH, as the actual switch is a Momentary Contact Switch (aka: only let power flow between pins whilst circuit is completed by pressing the button).

Putting that jumper on the pins is basically telling the mobo "I am holding down the power button infinitely" until the jumper is removed. Motherboards don't exactly like a "infinite button press" signal...

So its dead? :/:(:(

You could try to remove the Cmos Battery for a minute or so and see if it helps.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

5 minutes ago, zerocool1431 said:

So its dead? :/:(:(

no, remove the jumper. as @Technous285 said, you're not supposed to install a jumper on the power button pins, it's not how the power button work.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

24 minutes ago, zerocool1431 said:

Now when I realized about the CPU pins, I plugged in the CPU 8 pin power cord but still the mobo acts like it is dead.

Please translate/describe this in more detail please. What exactly did you do and when?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

18 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

no, remove the jumper. as @Technous285 said, you're not supposed to install a jumper on the power button pins, it's not how the power button work.

Already removed it. I just tried it once. After that I tired by the normal way of jump starting a mobo, i.e touching a screw driver between the Ground and Power Pin. Still No lights, no display, no beeps.

18 hours ago, jj9987 said:

Please translate/describe this in more detail please. What exactly did you do and when?

First I was jump starting the mobo by a screw driver. This time I hadn't plugged in the 8 pin CPU power.

Then I inserted the jumper in the Ground and power pin when the PSU was ON. ( even this time I hadn't plugged in the 8 pin CPU power.)

Removed the jumper and tried by the normal screw driver way again

After this, the leds on the mobo stopped glowing, the GPU fans don't spin neither does the cooler's (Masterliquid 240)

Now i realized about the CPU pins, I plugged them in. But still nothing happens. NO POST, No leds, No fans spinning.

24 minutes ago, zerocool1431 said:

Snip...I thought it was a BIOS problem as x370 is known to be notorious with Ryzen... snip

Umm... Le Fuq?

Where did you get this from? Proud Ryzen owner, not sure what notorious issue you're talking about.

When you first start a Ryzen PC, the first boot sequence can take a bit. It's pretty crazy, but normal for the first boot.

Did you ever reconnect the CPU power pins? This would be the x8pin connector neat the corner of the board.

Male sure everything is properly connected. Powered off and unplugged. Clear CMOS. Then turn back on the normal way if possible. Otherwose, you may have shorted your board. Not sure why you put a jumper on it.

Random (yet thought out) question. Did you use any anti-static precautions?

11 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

You could try to remove the Cmos Battery for a minute or so and see if it helps.

Tried that just now. Didn't work.

I removed the CMOS battery when the power was OFF, Should i try it by keeping the power on?

15 minutes ago, zerocool1431 said:

It wasn't posting the first time because the CPU power was not connected.

remove what ever jumpers your using, make sure everything is proper connected.

power on if no post, jumper the clr cmos power on for 30 secs (fans will spin up nbut will not post), power down remove the jumprer power back up.

If still no post then hope you can RMA the board

Also watch a video on how to test your new hardware outside of a case and stop jumping things with screw drivers, honestly your asking for trouble.

4 minutes ago, zerocool1431 said:

Already removed it. I just tried it once. After that I tired by the normal way of jump starting a mobo, i.e touching a screw driver between the Ground and Power Pin. Still No lights, no display, no beeps.

As @FloRolf said clear the CMOS.

Just now, zerocool1431 said:

Tried that just now. Didn't work.

I removed the CMOS battery when the power was OFF, Should i try it by keeping the power on?

For the love of god and all that is holly do not remove the battery while the system is powered on.

Remove it with system powered down.

4 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Umm... Le Fuq?

Where did you get this from? Proud Ryzen owner, not sure what notorious issue you're talking about.

When you first start a Ryzen PC, the first boot sequence can take a bit. It's pretty crazy, but normal for the first boot.

Did you ever reconnect the CPU power pins? This would be the x8pin connector neat the corner of the board.

Male sure everything is properly connected. Powered off and unplugged. Clear CMOS. Then turn back on the normal way if possible. Otherwose, you may have shorted your board. Not sure why you put a jumper on it.

Yes I did. Still no power.

3 minutes ago, kalnick said:

It wasn't posting the first time because the CPU power was not connected.

remove what ever jumpers your using, make sure everything is proper connected.

power on if no post, jumper the clr cmos power on for 30 secs (fans will spin up nbut will not post), power down remove the jumprer power back up.

If still no post then hope you can RMA the board

Also watch a video on how to test your new hardware outside of a case and stop jumping things with screw drivers, honestly your asking for trouble.

No jumper attached after that. Just did it once. Will try what you suggested.

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

As @FloRolf said clear the CMOS.

Tried it with Power off.

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Umm... Le Fuq?

On my asus Prime b350 plus first boot took 3-4 min to post. still takes a good 45 seconds now to beep

4 minutes ago, zerocool1431 said:

Yes I did. Still no power.

No jumper attached after that. Just did it once. Will try what you suggested.

With the PSU powered ON or OFF?

Don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way but, seeing your answers and the fact that you installed a jumper on the power connector, I would strongly suggest you get someone to help you IRL before you do more damages.

With that said, ALWAYS work on the PC when the power is off, always.

Just now, wkdpaul said:

Don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way but, seeing your answers and the fact that you installed a jumper on the power connector, I would strongly suggest you get someone to help you IRL before you do more damages.

With that said, ALWAYS work on the PC when the power is off, always.

I know that was stupid of me to ask with the power on or off, but I already tried it by powering it off.

Asked the question just to confirm whether powering off and doing it was the correct way.

7 minutes ago, zerocool1431 said:

I know that was stupid of me to ask with the power on or off, but I already tried it by powering it off.

Asked the question just to confirm whether powering off and doing it was the correct way.

It's not a stupid question BTW, it's a very good question, the problem is, you're in the middle of a build and it's really not the best time to ask about this, it's stuff you should already know.

Again, not trying to be harsh or rude, but since you seem to be missing some information on how to build a PC, make sure to get appropriate help IRL.

Or, you can always go on YouTube and look at a build from a good channel, it's often well shown and explained.

As for your problem, try to see if it's the PSU, unplug everything and test it with the paperclip method.

Post some pics please of the mobo and everything you have plugged In

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

17 hours ago, kalnick said:

On my asus Prime b350 plus first boot took 3-4 min to post. still takes a good 45 seconds now to beep

My MSI X370 took about 1 minute to do its first post,  now it's very quick. About 3 to 5 seconds for splash screen.

17 hours ago, zerocool1431 said:

snip

17 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Snip... Again, not trying to be harsh or rude, but since you seem to be missing some information on how to build a PC, make sure to get appropriate help IRL.

Or, you can always go on YouTube and look at a build from a good channel, it's often well shown and explained. Snip.

My first PC build, I did via Skype with my brother. Now I'm a repair tech. Small steps, but you get rolling along afterwards. No a shame in asking for help ahead of time. as @wkdpaul stated , I'd ask for some real life help to determine if the board needs RAM or if something is set up wrong (such as standoffs, wrong IO setup, etc...). Maybe you have the reset button hooked up to the power, maybe the power switch on the PSU isn't toggled correctly, and a bunch of other things you might not think of just because your frustrated. That happens to the best of us too.