Laptop won't turn off

Hi there,

I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop that I purchased about 6 months ago. About every three weeks the laptop will decide it doesn't want to stay off for a day or two. If you put it to sleep or shut it down it just immediately turns back on again. This will persist for a day or two then it will go back to normal. Nothing noticeable seems to be triggering this problem or causing it to stop. This happens both when plugged and unplugged, and I already checked to make sure "wake while plugged in" was turned off in bios. No other bios settings seem out of order. There have been plenty of Dell updates recently so everything should be up to date.

I'm hesitant to contact Dell support because I don't want to go through the usual "have you tried restarting your computer? *2 hours later* Oh, everything seems fine we'll have to send you a new laptop.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

10 minutes ago, matt_c said:

Hi there,

I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop that I purchased about 6 months ago. About every three weeks the laptop will decide it doesn't want to stay off for a day or two. If you put it to sleep or shut it down it just immediately turns back on again. This will persist for a day or two then it will go back to normal. Nothing noticeable seems to be triggering this problem or causing it to stop. This happens both when plugged and unplugged, and I already checked to make sure "wake while plugged in" was turned off in bios. No other bios settings seem out of order. There have been plenty of Dell updates recently so everything should be up to date.

I'm hesitant to contact Dell support because I don't want to go through the usual "have you tried restarting your computer? *2 hours later* Oh, everything seems fine we'll have to send you a new laptop.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

What is plugged in it

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

2 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

What is plugged in it

I was just referring to plugging in the charger.

2 hours ago, Ethocreeper said:

Type this in for

powercfg -lastwake

To see what wakes it up

it says wake source count - 0

and that was right after putting it to sleep and watching it turn right back on