A question that's been floating in my head.

AniJan

So, I've been in some controversies in regards to certain animes, games, and animations

Whenever I argue, one person always says, "Well they put a lot of effort into their work!"

(this'll get confusing)

Is the amount of effort people put into something a relevant factor to support one's claim?

Suppose a person puts a lot of effort into their animation they're making, however according to the viewers, they say it sucks.

If some loyal fan were to say that the person put a lot of effort, would that be a relevant argument factor?

If possible, can you please explain why?

I'm sorry, I can't word this together well.

The amount of effort put into something has no bearing at all when it comes to the objective quality of the work.

However, there is something to be said for appreciation of ones hard work and effort.

So, saying "I appreciate the hard work that went into this animation, and I really enjoy the writing" is fine. But using that as a basis to avoid criticism is not only unhelpful, but inherently bad for consumers in general.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just because I put a lot of work into writing a book doesn't mean it'll get published.  

Amount of effort put in to something does not make it a valid defense.  I'm sure a lot of effort went into Mass Effect Andromeda, but I'm also sure a lot of work went into The Witcher 3...  Work put into something is not indicative of quality... for many many reasons.  

If effort of work is a valid defense, then I just want to say I'm doing the best I can.  (We all are.)

the text box is like ms word its great