lifespan still good?

synnapt

hi, i got a seagate 1T hard drive and according to crystal disk info it has been powred on 1719 times and ben on for a total of 22609 hours (942 days)

according to rumors the seagate hard drives from around that time was bit unrelieble so im asking for somone that might hawe an opinion on if my hard drive is still good for a while or do i need to get a backup b4 its to late?

been on for a total, not manufactured that long ago. You should always have a backup of your data. It'll be reliable for a while still 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

just use back-blaze 2 year subscription. its 80 for 2 years and its unlimited (only backs up local hard drives (usb drives count as local. basically anything connected physically to the pc does))

Personally, I will use a drive until the last few weeks before it dies, but will keep a weekly or bi-weekly backup.  I use goodsync to back up to an external hard drive, but next year my dad will give me his old hard drive array if I do well in school.

PS.Goodsync is beast and is the best!

I have a drive with more than 53,000 hours on it, and it's reliable, so that's about the point where I start being extra cautious. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Hi synnapt,

you posted a question about a Seagate drive, so I hope you don't mind if we jump in here.

As long as you have not experienced any issues, the drive should be fine with 22609 hours. If you want to make sure, please check your drive with SeaTools - it should show you any potential issues with the drive and / or give you peace of mind to continue using it. 

Thanks,

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming