Did I brick my GTX 1080ti?

AndersT2
Go to solution Solved by AndersT2,

Got it working again. Crisis aworded.

Reinstalled Windows and everything seems to be working. Did a couple of minutes in "Tomb Raider" and it works without glitches. (Kinda impressed by the card, didn't start the fans anytime during the short test)

Thanks to everyone who took time to help.

Lession leaned, don't touch a GPU bios again.

Don't know what happened, but it seems somehow the Gigabyte way of flashing the bios, .exe file downloaded from the cards support site on gigabyte.com did f. up Windows somehow.

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Are you typing a command similar to 'nvflash.exe -f -p 0 bios_name.rom'?

no.

only found to either type nvflash biosname.rom or with -4 -5 -6 in between

since mine says 0, should I then yup -f-p 1 biosname.rom?

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

Just now, AndersT2 said:

no.

only found to either type nvflash biosname.rom or with -4 -5 -6 in between

since mine says 0, should I then yup -f-p 1 biosname.rom?

Well, should've asked this first, but what command are you typing?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I've typed "nvflash bios.rom"

I've seen people use all different, like -4, -f ect, but no explanation about that they do or mean.

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

1 minute ago, AndersT2 said:

I've typed "nvflash bios.rom"

I've seen people use all different, like -4, -f ect, but no explanation about that they do or mean.

Right... sadly, I'm not sure on how flashing on Nvidia's side works. So you can try this. Use the nvidia card as the display without any other card in the system, though make sure it's set to boot in the DOS environment first. Then, once waiting about 30 seconds to make sure it's in the environment, slowly type out the command for flashing, making sure to make no typos. Then press enter, waiting a minute or so, before restarting the system. Yes, I know you'll be going in blind, but this should help.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I've tried booting into DOS, but can't find any nvflash that supports the 1080ti in DOS, only in the CMD within windows. and I only can get into safe mode in windows.

3 hours ago, AndersT2 said:

I've tried booting into DOS, but can't find any nvflash that supports the 1080ti in DOS, only in the CMD within windows. and I only can get into safe mode in windows.

what was wrong with the original bios that came with the card?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Hopefully this is positiv.

I just reinstalled my 970, and the machine restarts at the same point in windows with that.

So I think I'm going to reinstall windows to see it that helps.

Got it working again. Crisis aworded.

Reinstalled Windows and everything seems to be working. Did a couple of minutes in "Tomb Raider" and it works without glitches. (Kinda impressed by the card, didn't start the fans anytime during the short test)

Thanks to everyone who took time to help.

Lession leaned, don't touch a GPU bios again.

Don't know what happened, but it seems somehow the Gigabyte way of flashing the bios, .exe file downloaded from the cards support site on gigabyte.com did f. up Windows somehow.