Car seat as a chair / Audi A8 Seat

Aside from the already stated practicality questions, I think this is a pretty rad project. I've thought about what something like this would look like and you've answered that question for me!

If what I'm posting has already been posted, I'm sorry.

• 1 month later...

Hey, can you please say how assembled bases to seat, so the seat can go back and forward? These two bases. And where'd you get restarms? These are pretty good

Also, how do I use my own PC power supply? Do I need some kind of adapter or what?

On 5/9/2017 at 3:09 PM, hotsauce2007 said:

For the seat to work properly, we need to find the electrical diagram of the seat

Whoa buddy, whos this "we" you're talking about? ;)

Seriously though, that looks better, and is probably way more comfortable that most of these gaming chairs available.

*sent from my patio chair*

I don't know what I'm doing, and you can't stop me!

Great work!

I thought about making something like this and I even found several videos and blog posts from people who made ones from cheap seats.

The idea of using a seat like this with massage and heating crossed my mind but I don't even want to know what it costs and I didn't even think about wiring issues.

I have to ask, where did you buy the seat?

I can only find listings on whole interiors or used seats, which is not something I want to sit in while wearing my pyjamas.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

You can find those seats cheap on ebay, its easy to find and wire if you buy from audi A5 / A6, A8 is more complicated.

=]

• 1 year later...

Hey there. How did you get the wiring to Work? I bought a simular comfort seat from BMW 5 series 2013 with the same idea. How ever when i connect ground and red Wire to the seat still nothing moves electrically. 

Did your seat also have a module ?

• 1 year later...
On 11/6/2020 at 11:52 AM, Jiblo7 said:

Hey there. How did you get the wiring to Work? I bought a simular comfort seat from BMW 5 series 2013 with the same idea. How ever when i connect ground and red Wire to the seat still nothing moves electrically. 

Did your seat also have a module ?

Hi

take a look if this car needs a module to control the seat, sometimes you will need a module to wire the commands for the seat