Help. - How do I know how many storage devices can fit in my tower.

--------------------SOLVED----------------------------

Hey, this is my first post on here. GO LTT

I got an Acer Predator g3-305 I bought in 2015. and i'm in the process of upgrading it.

I switched out the gpu to a Geforce 1060. And Now I want to put a few SSD into it. 

But I'm a novice and I don't know how to, or how many SSD's I can connect to it or how.

I don't know what type of motherboard it is either, can't find that information anywhere.

If some of you know the answers I would be so thrilled :)

cheers from Denmark.

6 minutes ago, 1StLawofMotion said:

how many SSD's

you need 1 SATA power and 1 SATA Data port for each, look at how many ports are free on the motherboard (if you have an m.2 SSD, it might share the same port as one of the sata ports)

since SSD's are so small, many people mount them outside of the cages for upgrades, each normal HDD slot can usually hold 2 SSD's with the proper mounting bracket.

11 minutes ago, BubblyCharizard said:

you need 1 SATA power and 1 SATA Data port for each, look at how many ports are free on the motherboard (if you have an m.2 SSD, it might share the same port as one of the sata ports)

since SSD's are so small, many people mount them outside of the cages for upgrades, each normal HDD slot can usually hold 2 SSD's with the proper mounting bracket.

Well i modded a case with 3.5 inch floppy and put 2.5 inch hdd's using lego!

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

If you are goimg to put ssd's in dont worry about the space as ssd have no moving parts and are lightweight you van use double sided tape and stick it whereever you want, just make sure you can get the sata power and sata cables where you put the dawm things.

Thanks for your inputs.. I've got it figured out and bought a new SSD. samsung ssd evo 750 500 gb.

But when I've tried to turn it on. my PC wouldn't boot up. :/ It wouldn't do it, even when I unplugged the new drive so it was back to previous state. :/

1 hour ago, 1StLawofMotion said:

Thanks for your inputs.. I've got it figured out and bought a new SSD. samsung ssd evo 750 500 gb.

But when I've tried to turn it on. my PC wouldn't boot up. :/ It wouldn't do it, even when I unplugged the new drive so it was back to previous state. :/

First step would be to check that you haven't dislodged anything whilst fitting the new drive - check all power connections etc. and check all components are seated correctly.

Are you getting a POST tone or code?

I will only ever answer to the best of my ability - there is absolutely no promises that I will be correct. Or helpful. At all.

My toaster:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k @ 4.3GHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX770 2GB
Case: Some free Sharkoon case
Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB SSD | Western Digital Blue 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX750
Display(s): Acer framless 24" 1080p thing | Acer 22" 1600x900 thing
Cooling: Corsair H100i AIO | 2 x Corsair LL120 front intakes on radiator | 1 x Corsair LL120 rear exhaust
Keyboard: Steelseries Apex
Mouse: R.A.T 7
Sound: HyperX Cloud II headset | Creative EAX 5.1 speakers

57 minutes ago, MrJoosh said:

First step would be to check that you haven't dislodged anything whilst fitting the new drive - check all power connections etc. and check all components are seated correctly.

Are you getting a POST tone or code?

I've checked verything, and tried to restore it to how it was before.. I can't find any connections or fittings that isn't where it should be and mounted incorrectly. I'm getting a post tone., I believe. The PSU fan, CPU and GPU fans start spinning, then a tone/sound and the system turns off and on, and tries again.. 

35 minutes ago, 1StLawofMotion said:

I've checked verything, and tried to restore it to how it was before.. I can't find any connections or fittings that isn't where it should be and mounted incorrectly. I'm getting a post tone., I believe. The PSU fan, CPU and GPU fans start spinning, then a tone/sound and the system turns off and on, and tries again.. 

I think this might be able to help:

Stumbled across it in someones signature earlier and had a read. Give a good troubleshooting guide - give it a go and let us know how you get on...

I will only ever answer to the best of my ability - there is absolutely no promises that I will be correct. Or helpful. At all.

My toaster:

Spoiler

Cooling: Corsair H100i AIO | 2 x Corsair LL120 front intakes on radiator | 1 x Corsair LL120 rear exhaust

23 minutes ago, MrJoosh said:

I think this might be able to help:

Stumbled across it in someones signature earlier and had a read. Give a good troubleshooting guide - give it a go and let us know how you get on...

Looks intersting. I'll give it a go..

Sollution.. it turns out my ram was fried... so replaced them, and i'm good to go :D

On 2017-5-11 at 9:33 AM, 1StLawofMotion said:

Sollution.. it turns out my ram was fried... so replaced them, and i'm good to go :D

Glad you got to the bottom of it :)

My toaster:

Spoiler