LTX 2017 Meetup Announcement

So i have had a couple people pm with qestions about a lift.

Origionally i was only going to fetch ppl from the airport on friday but seeing as pekple are spattered about.

If ypu need. Lict on saturday mornkng from vancouver or anywhere enroute to langley feel free.to pm me.

I wojld ask for a contribution as the rental car and gas cost money.

Cheers

Prototype Engineer - Oxford Hackspace

Having heartbreakingly waylaid invitations invoking the infamous pre-LTX western wind-up soirée, it is my hope that someone will take pity on us weary travelers and bestow upon us the time and location for the secret Saturday social breakfast bash and caffeine consumption cotillion.

Or, if it's such a secret that you haven't heard of it either, how about we pick a convenient Tim Horton's and rendezvous there before LTX opens. Any takers?

On 7/27/2017 at 8:15 PM, Jared_Reabow said:

if anyone is coming into Vancouver, i rented a car and would be happy to give lift from Vancouver to Langley tomorrow.

I have enough room for two people to sleep in the hotel i am in (canadia inn).

If you are willing to contribute to the cost,say 80CAD for the collection from Vancouver and or 50Cad for the boarding, i would be willing to help :)

I'm already in Langley (I got to my hotel last night), but could you please swing by my hotel and give me a ride to the event center? If not, I was planning on walking anyways, or I can catch a bus.

https://goo.gl/maps/LSo2r9m788K2

PM me:

Messenger: m.me/nathaniel.wyatt.1998

Discord: mr_iceslice8909

4 minutes ago, a lboss said:

Having heartbreakingly waylaid invitations invoking the infamous pre-LTX western wind-up soirée, it is my hope that someone will take pity on us weary travelers and bestow upon us the time and location for the secret Saturday social breakfast bash and caffeine consumption cotillion.

Or, if it's such a secret that you haven't heard of it either, how about we pick a convenient Tim Horton's and rendezvous there before LTX opens. Any takers?

Actually, yes! I'm down for a pre-LTX meetup.

PM me:

Messenger: m.me/nathaniel.wyatt.1998

Discord: mr_iceslice8909

Tim Hortons on 200 between 86 Ave and 84 Ave seems closest. 9:45am? I'll wear round glasses, a navy blue "Mobile UX Camp t-shirt and zip-off shorts. My hair is black, going white. My son will

wear unkempt brown hair and beard and will likely be glued to a Nexus phone. I'm Al; he's Nathan. 

5 minutes ago, a lboss said:

Tim Hortons on 200 between 86 Ave and 84 Ave seems closest. 9:45am? I'll wear round glasses, a navy blue "Mobile UX Camp t-shirt and zip-off shorts. My hair is black, going white. My son will

wear unkempt brown hair and beard and will likely be glued to a Nexus phone. I'm Al; he's Nathan. 

See my Instagram profile (mr_iceslice), Discord, or FB to get a good idea of what I look like. Coincidentally, I'm Nathaniel. Gonna get showered and rested for tomorrow!

EDIT: I'll be wearing red and black T-shirt and jeans, with a fūl backpack (also red), black rectangular glasses, and my Moto Z with dbrand skins.

Tim Hortons, 8590 200 St, Langley, BC V2Y 2B9, Canada

1 minute ago, a lboss said:

Tim Hortons, 8590 200 St, Langley, BC V2Y 2B9, Canada

That actually won't work, because I'm walking from my hotel, and it is south of LTX (Westward Inn & Suites), however, this Tim Hortons is south of the event center as well, and thus I would pass it on my way. 

Tim Hortons
19941 72 Ave, Langley, BC V2Y 3J2

https://goo.gl/maps/tQVShNeyGZD2

5 hours ago, Mr_IceSlice said:

That actually won't work, because I'm walking from my hotel, and it is south of LTX (Westward Inn & Suites), however, this Tim Hortons is south of the event center as well, and thus I would pass it on my way. 

Tim Hortons
19941 72 Ave, Langley, BC V2Y 3J2

https://goo.gl/maps/tQVShNeyGZD2

Okay, that works as well; we shall see you there. 

I think Ill show up there as well, green button up shirt (ill be quite early, no breakfast at my hotel)

I a. At the center next to a pink lambo.

But i see no obvious signs as to which building they are in.

Prototype Engineer - Oxford Hackspace

3 hours ago, a lboss said:

Okay, that works as well; we shall see you there. 

I just woke up (sorry) but I'll get there ASAP.

38 minutes ago, Mr_IceSlice said:

39 minutes ago, Mr_IceSlice said:

No worries; we are just chilling (as much as one can with hot coffee). 

1 hour ago, cody-code said:

I think Ill show up there as well, green button up shirt (ill be quite early, no breakfast at my hotel)

One green button-up shirt spotted so far, but the guy just looked at me funny when I asked if he was Cody. 

Giving up the wait and heading to the Events Centre. 

To everyone that is attending.

Enjoy it :)

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Any word on a livestream schedule? For us peasants that can't afford travel.

Haven't logged into the forum in a while, and noticed LTX is today, doh!  Although I live only 10 mins away from the event, I wonder if it's worth going with only 2 hours left.

11:00 Saturday, in Pacific Time is 20:00 Saturday, in Lucerne

is there any stream? unboxing of threadripper was 1 houre ago.

(11:54 pm here, i slowly get tired.)

For those whom didn't go, i have pictures and a review posted over at 

5 hours ago, Raymond TSM said:

For those whom didn't go, i have pictures and a review posted over at 

Man this is amazing, thanks! Too bad i live 10 000 km away and would have to sell probably more than one kidney to fund the travel and VIP ticket (normal wouldn´t be worth the effort and money). I think a lot of people would be happy if they did something just a bit closer (UK) but thats most likely unrealistic.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

I have the money and the time but the location........

WHY??? I live in South Korea so even though I have money and everything it's way too far :(