Odd Lag in CS:S/CS:GO

jackieAZ
Go to solution Solved by jackieAZ,

BUMP/UPDATE:

Thank you to everyone that has offered your help, but it appears that the issue is unrelated to internet, update, or graphics drivers. I have discovered through use over time that my hard drive seems to, unfortunately, be dying, and thus likely the cause of my strange issues. I'm going to mark this thread as 'solved' or whatever and move on, but once again thanks for the wonderful suggestions that at the least helped me narrow the problem down greatly :)

I've been getting this really strange lag in CS:S and CS:GO very recently, where it lags when people talk, or when grenades are being thrown around and such. The thing is, this happened once before many months ago but I remember it going away randomly, don't really remember if it was CS:GO update or graphic driver but either way that was a thing~

I have not update my graphics card driver yet, will edit when that downloads (my internet is kinda slow)

Meanwhile, any suggestions and/or similar experiences?

EDIT: Oh yeah I should've mentioned btw that every other game and chat service like Discord, etc. are working, I only experience this issue in CS:GO and CS:S so I'm pretty sure its not my internet connection causing this

average fl studio fan vs average cubase enjoyer

rubber dome apologist

if you are reading this you are contracted the gae

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

update everything, internet speed? 

huh? not sure what you intended to say here

if you're suggesting if my internet is the source of the voice thing, I assure it's not as every other game and chat service is working like they always have

rubber dome apologist

What's your ping when in cs:go? I also have the same lagg and it turned out my ping in CSGO was over 400 nearly all the time, yet all other games run fine lol. 

I haven't yet found a working fix for it though, incase that is the issue. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

What's your ping when in cs:go? I also have the same Lagg and it turned out my ping in CSGO was over 400 nearly all the time, yet all other games run fine lol. 

Well, my ping isn't amazing to be clear and all, it at the time was spiking from like 40 to 140 ish but the thing is the lag is not just connection like my game actually freezed for like 5 sec in csgo lobby whenever my friend, the only other person in there talked

rubber dome apologist

You know what's weird, change your speaker configuration in audio settings from HRTF to normal "Headphones".

For some reason, this destroyed my CPU usage and I got the strangest lag when people were talking in-game and other sounds, same symptoms you're having!

Try it and let me know how it goes. :)

My Gaming Rig: AMD Ryzen 5600x  |  Corsair H100i GTX  |  ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming  |  32GB Samsung DDR4 3600MHz  |  ASUS RTX 3070 ROG Strix  |  WD Black 240GB NVMe  |  1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 2TB Samsung Enterprise SSD  |  WD Black 1.5TB   |  3x NZXT Aer RGB 140MM  |  Seasonic Focus 750w   |  NZXT H500 Elite   |  Windows 10 Pro

My Home Server: AMD Ryzen 1400x  |  Gigabyte Aurora B550 Elite  |  32Gb Samsung DDR3 3200Mhz  |  HP RTX 2060 6GB  |  1TB Samsung 850 Pro  |  2x Seagate IronWolf Pro 18TB | 3x Seagate IronWolf Pro 4TB |  2x WD Green 2TB  |  Corsair CX650m  | Bitfenix Shinobi | Windows Server 2022

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP/UPDATE:

Thank you to everyone that has offered your help, but it appears that the issue is unrelated to internet, update, or graphics drivers. I have discovered through use over time that my hard drive seems to, unfortunately, be dying, and thus likely the cause of my strange issues. I'm going to mark this thread as 'solved' or whatever and move on, but once again thanks for the wonderful suggestions that at the least helped me narrow the problem down greatly :)

rubber dome apologist