Inwin 301 Questionable Size

enome

Just taking opinions to calm my overly excited expectations for this new case.

Do you think dual 120mm fans can fit behind (right side) of the front fan bracket?

59043b07be41c_11-108-529-V06(2)_LI.jpg.106d2a47b3e146e552da358c309c63a6.jpg

So this new Inwin 301 case that I had my eyes on since CES 2017, should be coming out soon but I just cant grasp the idea how small this case can be.

I was really hoping other tech utubers to review the new mATX form factor case Inwin 301, but I can't seem to land any besides HardwareCannucks.

I'm asking people's opinion because I plan on moving my build over to this case. However, I have a NZXT x52 AIO liquid cooler that I plan to put onto the front bracket AND I have 1080 Strix card, which is pretty f***ing long.

Just based on HardwareCannucks' review, Dmitry did have the x52 aio but he had the fans and the rad on left side of the front bracket.

Based on the video (I watched it at least 8 times), it seems like the front bracket is removable.

So do I have any hope for this case, or am I just going to be let down and be pushed over to Define Mini C?

Thanks

Ooh, cute case. I have its bigger brother 303 so this one should be fun too.

From In Win's page for this case, they list the maximum GPU length as 330mm. The Strix 1080 is listed on Asus' site as 298mm, so you have about 32mm spare, barely enough for the x52 radiator OR a fan, but not both. Back to In Win's page, it looks like on the other side of that bracket is the solid front of the case. I'd argue, even if you could fit a fan or rad in there, you wouldn't want to as there would not be enough space for airflow. So my opinion is this combination of components would not be effective in this case. It will be nasty, but you could run the rad with a single fan with the cooling performance drop that comes with it. I note the case also says it has dual 120mm spaces in the bottom, so depending on the mobo size could that be an option also?

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I preordered mine, I think it's supposed to ship on the 2nd?  Completely stoked.

It's tiny, about the same size an an Enthoo Evolv ITX.  Only it takes mATX mobo's.  Stand up an mATX board, then add the height of a power supply, and that's pretty much the height of the case.

Since I'm using cad to help design/layout my new desk, I made a few quickie models of a few different PC cases I was looking at.  Grabbed a screenshot for a size comparison.  From left to right:  Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX, Inwin 301, Rosewill Blackbone (my currently case, just for visual size comparison), and the DIYPC Cuboid G.  The Inwin is narrower and a bit lower than the Evolv ITX, and a good couple inches lower than my current machine or the Cuboid G, which is stupidly wide because it has a horizontal motherboard.

cases_front.PNG.15de57f8c34ecd6f104128585405a737.PNG

In the top view, the Inwin is an inch or so shorter than the Evolv ITX, way shorter than my rosewill.

cases_top.PNG.f3915fbc54321dabe407814c9c88ff99.PNG

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

2 hours ago, porina said:

Ooh, cute case. I have its bigger brother 303 so this one should be fun too.

From In Win's page for this case, they list the maximum GPU length as 330mm. The Strix 1080 is listed on Asus' site as 298mm, so you have about 32mm spare, barely enough for the x52 radiator OR a fan, but not both. Back to In Win's page, it looks like on the other side of that bracket is the solid front of the case. I'd argue, even if you could fit a fan or rad in there, you wouldn't want to as there would not be enough space for airflow. So my opinion is this combination of components would not be effective in this case. It will be nasty, but you could run the rad with a single fan with the cooling performance drop that comes with it. I note the case also says it has dual 120mm spaces in the bottom, so depending on the mobo size could that be an option also?

I did think about the restricted airflow.

And don't quote me on this as im not a scientist, but if the fans are spinning, then the air has to come from somewhere right?
I thought that restriction around the area will cause enough negative air pressure to draw air from that back side panel.

This is for drawing air.. 

Otherwise we have a future case modder over here.

7 minutes ago, enome said:

And don't quote me on this as im not a scientist, but if the fans are spinning, then the air has to come from somewhere right?
I thought that restriction around the area will cause enough negative air pressure to draw air from that back side panel.

If you have a spare fan or similar lying around, try spinning it up and covering it. You'll probably feel the airflow drop and the fan speed up as it isn't doing as much useful work. I'm mostly concerned there wont be enough space to adequately feed the fans even if you can place them to the front side.

Random thought, does anyone make low profile fans in these big sizes? Even if they did, they would probably be unsuitable for putting enough pressure through a rad.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible