To Upgrade or not? Video editing/mild gaming

Intro:
My PC is now 3 years old, still runs quick but have a new niggles which annoy me like drives not popping up and USB 3.0 contoller not recognising my SD card reader anymore but works fine on 2.0. Tried a lot of trouble shooting long story settled for USB 2.0 because CBF re installing OS

Purpose of my PC:
Mainly use Premier Pro to do hobbyist and low level video editing (Youtube videos and small projects like a video training course)
Media PC and storage library, I have at least 8TB of media generated from my DSLR over the years
Media storage of things I have gathered over the years but have been cleaning this up as I have some old WD 2TB green drives that are 5-10 years old!
Stream to my 4k TV would like a better solution than Plex which was playing up with my CPU time
Mild gaming, I like racing games got a G25 wheel play stuff like project cars, Not huge on FPS, I like modded minecraft too.

Current PC Spec:
i7 4930k @ 4.6GHz,

NZXT Kraken X60 watercooler with Push pull fans (4 x 140mm),

32GB Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133MHz,

Asus X79-Deluxe,

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB OC Edition,

Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD, Move working video files to SSD FYI and Store on other drives once done

Corsair RM-1000w PSU,

Nanoxia Deep Silence 6,

LG Blueray Burner,

16 x 2TB Green drives, In the process of mass deletion of old stuff and throwin drives out have a few empty just spinning in my case, want to throw all of them out soon

3 x 4TB RED NAS Drives Stores my DSLR media, thinking of moving this to a 4x4TB Raid 5 array, either rebuild on this PC or in a NAS

WINDOWS 7 Pro.
Gigabyte Laptop P25XV2-880-4702S << Video editing on the go/ plug my DSLR into this sometimes but the software sucks and my nikon D7000 is a bit slow with this need a new camera.

Budget $3000

So the main question is for Premier Pro is there any point in upgrading if I need CPU power over GPU power I have seen that between my CPU and the newer 6 core at a similar price point is only 15% faster...

Is there a different solution to rendering in Adobe where I can get more out of my GPU?

Would a Storage upgrade be better?

Should I spend my cash on getting a new Sony a7s ii and start shooting in 4k then worry about upgrading my PC later on seeing it is still doing ok to render, takes about 30 mins to render a 20min video with out too many effects, just stabilization tools in adobe take forever to run

Nah a 4930K (is that a 6-core) still run well enough. Esp. if you're not a professional, you're not under the pressure of deadlines.

Maybe grab a new high-performance SSD like a 500GB 960 Pro or 1TB 960 Evo

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Maybe new SSD, new GPU (not really needed) and maybe a USB 3 card?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, JDE said:

Maybe new SSD, new GPU (not really needed) and maybe a USB 3 card?

The USB issue is something to do with Windows, similar issue I have with some hard drives where I have to plug and un plug them when it all shows in BIOS, so not a hardware issue, basically I fixed my hard drives so they all show with out issue not my USB 3.0 doesn't work, so I kind of gave up.

Although planning a new SSD as I am on the x79 platform if I got a 960 pro 512GB would I be able to boot from PCIe? Could get a 950 sata and plug into the 6Gbps sata port and install windows 10 just a pain re installing an OS and migrating all my stuff across but I have been cleaning up this PC so I have less stuff to move over, finally got around to cleaning a lot of things up

2 minutes ago, lawrencep93 said:

The USB issue is something to do with Windows, similar issue I have with some hard drives where I have to plug and un plug them when it all shows in BIOS, so not a hardware issue, basically I fixed my hard drives so they all show with out issue not my USB 3.0 doesn't work, so I kind of gave up.

Although planning a new SSD as I am on the x79 platform if I got a 960 pro 512GB would I be able to boot from PCIe? Could get a 950 sata and plug into the 6Gbps sata port and install windows 10 just a pain re installing an OS and migrating all my stuff across but I have been cleaning up this PC so I have less stuff to move over, finally got around to cleaning a lot of things up

Ok then, reinstall windows.

I will check for you if your board is compatible. Also just keep your old stuff on the old drive and only install the OS and some quick access files on the new one.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Thanks, might be a good idea, I actually decided to get my but in check I removed 8 empty 2TB drives in one wack, but left all the cabling due to cable management cable ties, rebooted and blue screened, rebooted again and now it's running fine so not sure if it's crappy OS issue or hardware right now, but it seems to chug along fine when I don't touch it and just let the PC run 24/7 for months, also cleaned out some dust