My problem with forums

Starun

Ok, so every time I make a topic, I need answers or opinions right? I won't be 100% sure about what to choose or something. Often I would be like 60-40 and I just want opions. But every.single.time I just ignore all the answers I got if they are against for example the hardware or what I would prefer. Im not even sure if I'm looking for opions anymore, or conformation? I will kind of make my decision in my mind, but then not know the decision I made? Idk. I know this probably sounds pretty stupid but I just wanted to see if anyone here do the same as me :P?

CPU: I5-7600k  MOBO: ASUS Z270G Gaming  GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3GB FTW+  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 2133mMHz  CASE: Corsair Air 240 Black  COOLER: Corsair H100I v2  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB  https://pcpartpicker.com/b/h8HhP6

It's a good way to confirm what you want to get. If you're pretty much 50/50 on something, flip a coin. If the option it lands on disappoints you, you've worked out what you really wanted. 

2 minutes ago, Starun said:

Ok, so every time I make a topic, I need answers or opinions right? I won't be 100% sure about what to choose or something. Often I would be like 60-40 and I just want opions. But every.single.time I just ignore all the answers I got if they are against for example the hardware or what I would prefer. Im not even sure if I'm looking for opions anymore, or conformation? I will kind of make my decision in my mind, but then not know the decision I made? Idk. I know this probably sounds pretty stupid but I just wanted to see if anyone here do the same as me :P?

Just keep asking. Even if you don't choose based on the opinions you get, it can help others if they see it.

7 minutes ago, Starun said:

But every.single.time I just ignore all the answers I got if they are against for example the hardware or what I would prefer.

This is actually a known fallacy called 'Confirmation Bias'. The fact your able to identify your guilty of it, hopfully means you can conciously attempt to avoid doing it. Force yourself to read counter points and the like, try hard to really weigh the pro and cons of each side in your head so your sure you are making the correct choice.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Just now, Rupe said:

This is actually a known fallacy called 'Confirmation Bias'. The fact your able to identify your guilty of it, hopfully means you can conciously attempt to avoid doing it. Force yourself to read counter points and the like, try hard to really weigh the pro and cons of each side in your head so your sure you are making the correct choice.

Omfg you sniped the hell put of me xD

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

The thing with forums is

The answers to your questions have already been asked 1000 times.

Humans are just lazy as fuck.

When i need emotional advice, if we can resonate each other, that will be great. The key point is that i actually already have a decision in my mind, i only accept what i expect to hear, if they have different opinion, i will just think they don't know my situation deeply.

On 4/27/2017 at 3:02 PM, AmazingRez97 said:

This is a tech forum

you dont say?

On 4/27/2017 at 3:03 PM, Oshino Shinobu said:

It's a good way to confirm what you want to get. If you're pretty much 50/50 on something, flip a coin. If the option it lands on disappoints you, you've worked out what you really wanted. 

exactly!

On 4/27/2017 at 4:34 PM, yathis said:

The thing with forums is

The answers to your questions have already been asked 1000 times.

Humans are just lazy as fuck.

why try and search for the answer and question when you can just ask it? Its easier to ask.

On 4/27/2017 at 10:43 PM, NaTURE said:

When i need emotional advice, if we can resonate each other, that will be great. The key point is that i actually already have a decision in my mind, i only accept what i expect to hear, if they have different opinion, i will just think they don't know my situation deeply.

exactly how i feel ..

CPU: I5-7600k  MOBO: ASUS Z270G Gaming  GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3GB FTW+  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 2133mMHz  CASE: Corsair Air 240 Black  COOLER: Corsair H100I v2  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB  https://pcpartpicker.com/b/h8HhP6